jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If your spouse were to cheat on you, how would you deal with that?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

If your spouse were to cheat on you, how would you deal with that?

2. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 7 years ago

depends..for me i would like to understand the situation that led to cheating..i would like to introspect first about what i did/or didn't do and m i indirectly responsible for her cheating on me?..if yes i would try to correct myself and recommit to her ..if she cheated on me because of some other reason ..it wuld be time to re think..i dont believe in relationship for sake of it...love is impt factor for relationship to survive..

3. USMCwifey09 profile image70
    USMCwifey09posted 7 years ago

although my first reaction would be to completely lose it and break up, i have to agree with pisean282311. nothing can ever excuse the act of cheating itself, but the reasons behind the act obviously need attention. it's MUCH easier to throw in the towel than to work anything out, clearly contributing to the very high percentage of divorce.

4. Dark knight rides profile image75
    Dark knight ridesposted 7 years ago

Cheating is the one thing I can't tolerate. If there are issues in the relationship that one person feels they need to cheat to get fulfilled, they should be willing to talk about it beforehand. If it has been talked about, and still not resolved, then the relationship probably outlived its usefulness and should end.

5. profile image57
    oceanking.skposted 7 years ago

Hope we all are grown up people , so in my opinion it would be unwise to react in aggressive manner to  this matter b'coz it is not going to solve the purpose instead it will fuel up the matter to the higher limits and may be to the extent of disengagements.
    So, be a bit calm a few hours or a few days and then by your act or by talks , make your spouse understand that you already know that he / she is cheating on you. This will melt him/her to the state of water droplets on the drama of cheating he was playing, and he will understand very well, that his /her spouse is so much cooperative and understanding to him despite all his conning acts .
    Believe me , if he / she is a real human being , will give way on his drama of cheating  and become your fan forever.

6. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

This is very easy to answer.  Based on my own level of self esteem I would have to say "CYA ... I'm not a doormat."

7. Jarn profile image81
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

I would first celebrate at the idea that I was married and never knew it. Then I would check her out. If she was good looking, I would be very sad. If not, I would shrug. Either way, I would demand a divorce and take half her stuff.