jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is love? Is there a right or wrong form of love? What's your opinion?

1. Zenith of Emotion profile image55
    Zenith of Emotionposted 7 years ago

What is love? Is there a right or wrong form of love? What's your opinion?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

probably the best definition that I've heard is:

'the uncritical acceptance of another life.'

I think that if love follows that definition, it is an absolute and goes beyond the mundane,it is not subject to dualistic values of right and wrong, they only belong to impermanence, the mundane world.

It is often wise to look at ourselves when we are being critical, how often do we say, 'I hate, so-n-so, because he has bad habits, whatever.'  Well, do we hate (not love) the person or do we hate the bad habits?  When we can see the truth of this, it gives us a better opportunity to understand our selves, our own failings.

3. dianalee profile image56
    dianaleeposted 7 years ago

Oh boy... I love this..... Of course there are various forms of what we call love.  Love for family, romance between lovers, the love God has for us.  But through it all, herein is love:
    Love is patient.
    Love is kind.
    It does not envy;  it does not boast;  it is not proud.
    Love is not rude;  it is not self-seeking;  it is not easily angered; and it keeps no record of wrongs.
    Love does not delight itself in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
    It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    This definition of love comes from 1st Corinthians in the Bible.  And as we can see, love really is not all that much a "feeling" as it is an attitude, as it is behavior.
    May we all experience this sort of love each day, both as giver and as recipient.

4. profile image45
    mrhassancseposted 7 years ago

to feel anyone  heartily,its begin from good feeling & end with boring.its only matter of heart,if heart says 'no' then you can't force on your heart.so, unfortunately there is no right/wrong or responsibility in love