THEY ARE AT IT AGAIN-WHY CAN'T SOME PEOPLE MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (44 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

The members of Westboro Baptist Church need to realize the true meaning of Christianity.   These people can be aptly described as hatemongers.     They believe that LGBT people are doomed and deserve to have AIDS.    They are also against the sociopolitical progress of America.     This phobic hatemongering is becoming quite extreme.      According to the church's members, America is going to hell and is damned because of its seemingly "degenerate" lifestyle.    What gives with these people?

1. brittvan22 profile image75
      brittvan22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness, deserve AIDS, as if AIDS is a punishment. I am at a loss for words, not surprised though, just at a lost for words.

2. profile image0
      Starmom41posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm a generally nonviolent person, but I'd have NO trouble kicking the royal snot out of these individuals. 
      It seems "the law" could get them on hate speech, harassment, & disturbing the peace if nothing else.

Ride or die Star mom, lol, gotta love it~!

1. profile image0

not sure how to take that;  but I was ticked off a couple years ago when I found out they'd been protesting at the high school down the street and I didn't hear about it til after it was over.

Lol its a compliment. means you're down for the cause! You are ready to do what is necessary for the cause!

1. profile image0

thanks for clarifying!  These individuals made me sick to my stomach when I first heard of them, but it's become a personal issue- assuming you've heard they picket at servicemen/women's funerals- that's not the kind of 'freedom' the soldier in my family will be risking her life for when she's deployed into a war zone.

3. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you realize that by giving them yours/media attention your are fuelling their power to continue on as they do? It is the attention they feed off and everyone who makes it a point to be informed of their latest antics is playing right into their hands.

4. kathleenkat profile image84
      kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's your opinion.

That's their opinion.

We all only believe what we think is right (no matter how effed up those beliefs come accross to others). I can think of nobody who believes something because they think it is WRONG, can you?

Does that mean they are right, because they believe so. The settlers believed that they were entitled to the Native Americans land and took it and gave them disease, tried to enslave them, etc. Just because they believed it was the thing to do, did not mean it was the right thing to do. Quite a few Priests were molesting young boys, was that right, because it was a Priest?

1. kathleenkat profile image84
          kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it means they are right-in their eyes.

And you are giving examples of harmful things. There is nothing harmful about having an opinion. It is the nature of the opinion that is causing all the hooh-hah; they are really no different than the Occupy protests.

Though I suppose a rapist would only rape because they thought it would be the right thing to do for themselves at the time. If rapists were to think "raping is wrong" then there wouldn't be any rape.

1. My Minds Eye53 profile image60
            My Minds Eye53posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe the priests knew it was wrong, how could they not?  We are all sinners.  This one reason why priests should be able to marry.  The real injustice is that they do not ever seem to go to prison for it.  Plus Do you really believe that every priest accused is guilty.  Learn from Salem and the witch trials.

2. brittvan22 profile image75

i think there is if it has ill intention behind it, thats how hate crimes start. It was Hitler's opinion that Jews should be wiped out. Nothing wrong with that, eh? Very wrong. James Holmes's opinion it was a good idea to shoot up a theater full of innocent people. Smh kitty.

3. brittvan22 profile image75

I can not believe you are comparing the occupy movement to this obvious hate group massacrading as Christian church, there is no comparison. One was about justice and since when has hate crimes and things that ensue hate equivalent to equality for all. Maybe you stand behind murders, rapists, bullys, etc. Maybe you could represent them point of view. You see no harm in these obviously hate insighted rants, but maybe you want to join in. Go right ahead, but I will always stand for justice and equality. Stand for something or you will definitely fall for anything.

5. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they just want to get back to living the American Dream.

6. undermyhat profile image60
      undermyhatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Apparently they haven't been reading their New Testament much.  One can think that homosexuality is a sin, but so is treating someone homosexual in anyway that isn't loving.  Homosexuality is not alone among human conduct.  Who isn't a sinner?  If anything, if one believes homosexuality is a sin, than it is incumbent upon the Christian to reach out in love and fellowship not hatred and derision.

I think they are frightened and lazy.  Real Christian love requires from us courage and industry.

1. udontnomi profile image57
        udontnomiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well put. Insightful.

"Who are you to judge who do the very same things?"

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

It seems to me that the definition of "church" and religion" needs to be revised.
    Why religious people feel they are protected from the lawsuits and arrest that non religious would suffer is unbelievable.
    And while I'm at it, why do they still have non tax staus?

1. jacharless profile image74
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They are not, no tax status. Most religious organizations have tax-exemption due to charity donations and that the religion itself does not carry typical corporate hierarchy of employees, consumable product, etc. The work around is millionaire minsters are independent of the organization itself, paying income tax on profitable goods {books, mercantile}. All work done for these organizations is considered volunteer  work. Many not-for-profit companies, like cancer research organizations, salvation army, good will, etc, exist this way.

James.

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

It is not and never has been the business of churches to mind their own business.
    Giving these haters media attention just fans the flames. Cut off the oxygen supply!

4. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 11 years ago

When these assh**es are out waving their anti-gay signs, wouldn't it be cool for some impaired driver to mistaken their accelerator for the brake and plow into them? That would be awesome!

That would make the driver an ass and you for saying that in the first place.  This just what they did when they sat around discussing what to do.  "Wouldn't it be nice if......"  That is how most hair brained ideas start.  That kind of thinking makes you as bad as they.  I am a very religious person, it is God who is supposed to judge, not us.  We are ill equipped to do so.   Running over these people with a car would give them not only more air time but some martyrs to boot.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not religious and I don't believe in a deity. If these people are stupid enough to believe that AIDS, and other disasters, are the result of an angry god punishing us for accepting gays, maybe these morons will look at the innocent of this hate group getting splattered by an out-of-control car as a sign from God telling them to cut the crap!

You are as bad as they are if you think that would work.  These people want to do what they want to do.  They use God as excuse.  If they truly followed the word of God, they would leave these people alone and worry about how they are getting to heaven.  If someone ran into them with a car they would turn that to their advantage by claiming gays are devil worshipers and it was the devil that caused it.  These people are not thinking with a logical mind.

It obvious those clowns are whacked. Lots of whackoes throw God and Jesus to justify their BS actions. All I can say is that these, and the others like them that are self proclaimed "Christians", aren't Christians. They are fans of Jesus. No different from a Jihad terrorist calling themselves a Muslim. A true "Christian" (very rare species) accepts and respects everyone, regardless of their faith, skin color, or sexual orientation.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
              gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that!

go here  http://www.perrynoble.com/2012/08/01/be … rrectness/  (might have to copy)
                I agree completely with how this man said it.

2. udontnomi profile image57

I see you appeal to a deity when it suits your purpose. This indicates that you do not completely disregard the possibility. From my perspective (an enlightened vantage point), it is amusing to hear you muse. It is all folly and striving after the wind.

So if I use the word "god" in a sentence, you automatically think I flip flopped on the subject. I was relying to a member who believes in god. Nowhere did I say that I believe in god. I think you need to work on your reading and comprehension skills.

5. violetheaven profile image61
    violetheavenposted 11 years ago

Simply stated the westboro Baptist church are not christians and unfortunetly are intitled to their freespeech to say whatever they want.  As long as they don't dirrectly harrass intimidate or assault someone there is nothing we can do but use our freedom opf speech right back at them.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Don't dignify Westboro by calling them a "Church," or even a "Cult." They're a hate group, plain and simple.

I look forward to the day when they finally get the epic beat down that they deserve... and I hope it happens on live TV.

I hope that they're not tax exempt. Although they are on the FBI's hate group list.

7. A Troubled Man profile image57
    A Troubled Manposted 11 years ago

It is rather interesting how the Westboro folks consider Catholicism...

"Westboro Baptist refers to Catholic priests as "vampires" and "Draculas" and talks of Catholic priests sucking semen out of male children's genitals like vampires suck blood from their victims. In addition, WBC calls Pope Benedict XVI such epithets as "The Godfather of Pedophiles" and "Pervert Pope". In April 2008 the WBC protested Pope Benedict XVI during a papal visit in New York City.
    WBC member protesting Pope Benedict XVI outside the United Nations in New York City (2008).

The WBC launched a website called Priests Rape Boys in which they criticize the Roman Catholic Church because of the Catholic sex abuse scandal, saying, "Every time any person gives any amount of money to the Catholic Church, that person is paying the salary of pedophile rapists."

The WBC describes the Roman Catholic Church as, "the largest, most well-funded and organized pedophile group in the history of man" and goes on to say that, "There are over 1 billion Catholics in the world—that's one out of every six people alive today—and every single one of them will split Hell wide open when they die—period. And there is nothing they can do about it."  ~wiki

I agree, they are hate mongers.

2. profile image0

did you see what they say about why they protest at soldiers' funerals?

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
        A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sure, but the Westboro folks are "interpreting" the Bible just like so many others interpret the Bible, hence the reason why there are over 38,000 varying denominations of Christianity.

I see little difference in their hate mongering interpretation of the Bible than I do with many Christians who tell me I'm going to burn for an eternity if I don't accept Jesus or those who interpret the Bible against homosexuality or abortion.

And of course, the good Christians who threaten me with eternal damnation will state emphatically the Westboro folks aren't Christians, and vice versa.

The hypocrisy is stunning to say the least.

Please don't lump all Christians together.  There are bad Christians and there are good Christians.  There are people who only look for the bad in everything.  I would never tell anyone they are going to hell.  I can only control what I do and how I react, no one else.  It is your job to get yourself wherever you are going.  If I strive to be a good Christian then I cannot stand in judge of anyone and hope others will treat me as I treat them.  No I am not perfect, I will never be. I can disagree with you and still be friends.

2. udontnomi profile image57

There is a lot of that going around.

2. My Minds Eye53 profile image60

BTW, why are they protesting T soldiers funerals?

1. profile image0

I wouldn't want to quote the trash, so plz go to their website & look under "why do you picket soldiers' funerals" in the frequently-asked-questions section.

8. courtyB3 profile image60
    courtyB3posted 11 years ago

I don't understand how people continue to use the Bible as FACT. The FACT is that the bible is based on Greek and pagan mythological stories that those who wanted a means to control people, created it and used it as a tool to further Christianity. The original bibles were translated into English and we all know how one word off can make anything sound completely different. There is no way that any of it is based on FACT despite what those of blind faith want to believe. It is wonderful that they have faith in something and a higher deity out there. It must be nice to believe that with one prayer you are absolved of all your sins. But in no way can you base any of that on the FACT that is the bible. Especially the King James version. Lets not all forget how many different versions of the Bible there are out there! Which one is right? Which one is wrong? Which one should be condemned? Its all ridiculous!

That is true.  The bible is different for every person that reads it, because none of us think exactly the same. 
      Prayer doesn't absolve you of your sins neither does confessing to a priest.  The reason for confession is to be forgiven by your church, God knows if you are truly sorry, not going to fool him.  I could confess until the cows come home, but if I am not truly sorry in my heart and try to do better then I am not absolved at all.  Anyone who says different is lying to themselves.

If you remove all the death threats, discrimination, bigotry, and all the BS that don't pertain to life in the last 1000 years, the Bible would only be a couple pages long.

1. udontnomi profile image57

I see you have difficulty with reading comprehension.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)