jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Should you leave a guy if he doesn't trust you after 8 months?

1. Jessica Is Human profile image52
    Jessica Is Humanposted 7 years ago

Should you leave a guy if he doesn't trust you after 8 months?

2. profile image0
    Duchess OBluntposted 7 years ago

Assuming that you have not provided him with reasons not to trust you then I would say that after 8 months it's probably time to throw in the towel.  He's not likely to change.

3. Diane Inside profile image79
    Diane Insideposted 7 years ago

I agree with Duchess, If after 8 months he doesn't trust you he never will.

4. Joni Douglas profile image83
    Joni Douglasposted 7 years ago

Make that 3 for 3.  I agree also. Trust is just too important in a relationship.  If you have not done anything to earn distrust, you should be trusted. Trust is a two-way street.  You must give trust in return.

5. profile image51
    meghancsmithnjposted 7 years ago

Just think about his past relationships. Did he have trust problems then? Did anyone give him a valid reason to have a trust issue, ie...cheating, breaking up after vows of love, etc...if so, maybe give a little time. A lot of the time people who don't trust you do so because they know that they don't trust themselves. Mistrust and checking up on you all the time goes hand in hand with abusive relationships too, so be careful and don't be blind! Otherwise, dump him. The only thing worse than having no relationship is having a bad one!

6. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

I agree with the feeback you've already received. If he hasn't learned to trust you after 8 months, his attitude is probably not going to change.  It's probably an insecurity, but it's not your fault he's like that and his behaviour and attitude is likely to cause you to want to end the the relationship, as you'll tire from being treated with distrust.

7. europewalker profile image75
    europewalkerposted 7 years ago

Leave him unless you want a life time of misery.

8. Emissionguy profile image83
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

jealousy is a horrible thing to live with. People who can't trust often are liars and cheats themselves.

9. xmaki profile image50
    xmakiposted 7 years ago

Yes, If he can't trust you after 8 months . . then when will he?

10. padmendra profile image45
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

Months should not be counted in deciding about such people. A person in the habit of mistrust is hardly satisfied with himself. The relation where there is no trust is of no use to carry on.Don't give any more opportunity to him to improve himself or trust you.

11. Brkfst@Tiffanis profile image54
    Brkfst@Tiffanisposted 7 years ago

I was in a relationship for four years. Throughout the entire relationship, my boyfriend did not trust me. He would make outrageous accusations, most of which, hurt my feelings.

And while there was a part of me that could see myself marrying this individual, there was another part of me that had to come to realize that he may never trust me. I finally ended things for good. What kind of a relationship can you have if there is never any trust established between the two? Not a healthy one.