jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can I turn down the girls whom are into me, but I'm not into them, and still

1. profile image46
    Pirouzposted 7 years ago

How can I turn down the girls whom are into me, but I'm not into them, and still be friend with them

There has been a lot of situations like this lately, my friends whom are into me wanna take things to next step, but it happens that I'm not into them so I don't want to make things complicated, thus, I don't want to start anything.
    But how can I turn them down and don't hurt their feeling, still be friends with them and don't look like a jerk.
    I normally act like I'm not ready for a relationship, but when they realize that I've started another relationship with another person, it's totally awkward.
    So what is your advise?

2. melbel profile image97
    melbelposted 7 years ago

You don't have to respond to their flirting. Just be friendly toward them and they will get the hint that you and they can be friends, but just nothing more. I get a lot of dating proposals at work, but I find that if I am just friendly toward them and don't respond to them when they ask for a date... or I tell them I'm not their type. It may hurt their feelings in the short term, but I just let them know that they rock but just aren't my type. When the air clears after the initial rejection, a good friendship occurs. That's how I've been handling it, anyway. Seems to work for me. smile

3. tjhooper profile image76
    tjhooperposted 7 years ago

watch out for your flirting. Being friendly is a good thing, being overly friendly can give out wrong impressions and make girls feel confused. It can send out mixed signals to them. Same thing goes to girls too! Don't be overly friendly and flirtatious, because guys can take it the wrong way just as much as girls can.

If you start suspecting a girl liking you for more than just a friendship, you should start to send some clear signals that you just want to be friends. That could mean, no touching, no exclusive attention when you're in groups, no flirtatious body language, and overall just the things you might say to give off wrong signals.

Don't ever bring up the subject of whether or not she likes you, if she brings it up that she wants a date, or that she likes you more than a friend, then you are just going to have to be honest with her as best you can. Better telling her the truth rather than just plain out leading her on.

4. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

You're saying you don't want to be in a relationship with these girls, but you do want to stay friends with them. Sounds good but you probably can't have the 'best of both worlds'. You can only be honest with them but if you come right out and say you "Just want to be friends" they will most likely back off and look for someone new who does want to be in a relationship with them, and learn to accept they might not neccessarily want to stay friends with you.

5. The black mist profile image60
    The black mistposted 7 years ago

i know men dont talk eye to eye but you need to with the women.
    make it clear that you just want to be friends tell them im sorry but im not interested tell them you only want them as FRIENDS

6. padmendra profile image47
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

It is better to tell them before hand about your feelings tthat you believe in good friendship rather than deep relationship. By doing so, you will get a peace of mind.

7. Dr.Ope profile image77
    Dr.Opeposted 6 years ago

You need to be honest - just say that you are not interested in an intimate relationship, but would rather be friends. You have to make sure that you do not send the wrong signals though, through you actions. Some persons will be hurt or feel offended by this honest declaration.