jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What Do You Say To A Woman Who Just Got Engaged?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

What Do You Say To A Woman Who Just Got Engaged?

2. profile image51
    desiboo101posted 7 years ago

i would say....wow!that is very wonderful......congradulatios!

3. fresnavee profile image52
    fresnaveeposted 7 years ago

Congratulations! unless you have a valid reason to ward against the soon-to-be wedding.

4. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

It depends on your feelings for her if you feel its a bad idea be honset if you are happy for the engaged parties then i guess you would say congrats

5. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image91
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 7 years ago

you can say one of two things

"Run, quickly"

6. profile image45
    arthura04posted 7 years ago

The correct etiquette is to say best wishes, I wish you well, or I'm so happy for you, and definitely not congratulations... The reason is, if you say congratulations, you're implying she is lucky to have finally been taken as a bride. You can congratulate the groom however, as he is considered to be lucky to be taking a bride.

That etiquette is a little old fashioned though.

7. PaulaK profile image37
    PaulaKposted 7 years ago

If the person is a close friend, you can be honest about your feelings, but nice. You might want to meet him, feel it is a good match and say so, or share a warning if there is one. Friends are friends in all circumstances. If the person is not close to you, you might express congratulations or how happy you are for them or even ask if they have set a date yet instead of congratulations. It all depends on the relationship.

8. profile image44
    Sunqueposted 7 years ago

I agree, you NEVER say congratulation to a woman.  You say that to the guy only.  So guess I would say something like.  "What great news!  I wish you guys the best!!"