jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

this guy told me he was 33, he knew i was 28. i later found out he was 28. why d

1. profile image48
    jmpettigrewposted 7 years ago

this guy told me he was 33, he knew i was 28. i later found out he was 28. why did he lie?

2. jdflom profile image78
    jdflomposted 7 years ago

The only thing I can think of is that he assumed you would think he was a better and/or more interesting person if he was 33 instead of 28. There may be other reasons, perhaps he is an identity thief and forgot which identity he was using. but odds are he was just trying to impress you in his own way.

3. goldenpath profile image72
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

How did you find out?  Did he tell you or was is second or third hand?  If he told you then work on your trust relationship.  If not, then that's a serious red flag and I'd suggest cooling off the relationship for a while.

4. jeri741 profile image61
    jeri741posted 7 years ago

There are alot of women who like to date an older man. 5 years is not much older but then again I know women who like to date men 2-7 yrs older than themselves. Maybe he was going on this information.

5. libby1970 profile image74
    libby1970posted 5 years ago

Some people want to be older because it makes them seem more sophisticated and financially sound to you!

I would ask this person why they lied! That is not something to look past if you ask me! If a person lies to you right off the bat...then you have to wonder what else have they lied about!!!

Lying is lying! That makes this person dishonest! Figure out if you really want in a relationship with a dishonest person!!! I would probably say no and find someone new! However, most people ask for advise but never really use it! People do what they want to inspite of sound advise. Just remember that he lied to you! I would want to know why! I would really have a good converstation with this person and demand why and if there is anything else he has lied about...now is the time to come clean!!!

working