jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

she broke up with me nearly two years ago. it was a 10 year relationship. i'm no

1. profile image45
    alonso79posted 7 years ago

she broke up with me nearly two years ago. it was a 10 year relationship. i'm now 30 years old,...

lonely and still ache for her everyday. what am i to do?

2. jdflom profile image77
    jdflomposted 7 years ago

Start socializing and dating other girls. 10 years is a long time and won't be easy to get over, but as you meet other people, eventually you will likely find yourself finding someone who gives you that feeling again and you will start to forget about your old flame and the heartache that went with her.

3. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

Welcome to the circus brother, mine was 17 years and it's been 15 years ago and I'm not sure I'm over it yet but what are you going to do. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again. (if you dare take the chance) Good luck!!

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

You first have to decide to move on with your life.
    According to the rest of your question it sounds as though this is not something you really want to do.
    After 2 years you state you are "lonely and still ache for her everyday...." (This is your choice..)

Every answer you're likely to get is going to advice you to move on with living your life. Most likely your ex has done so.
    However if you don't want to move on then you're not likely to appreciate what anyone has to say.

Are you secretly hoping one day she'll come back into your life crying and stating she made a mistake?

Do you believe that with over 6 Billion people on this planet there is (only 1 person) in the world who could make you happy?

Ultimately we all want to be loved, adored, and appreciated for who we are. The right person for you will also know that YOU Are The Right Person For Them. Apparently she was not the right person for you.

It's time you stopped cheating yourself out of a life of love and happiness. There is a woman out there looking for a man just like you and by hanging on to your past you're keeping this woman from entering your life. Right now you're physically available but you have yet to make yourself mentally available.

5. profile image45
    alonso79posted 7 years ago

I'd love to not feel as I do. But I do and have felt the same every day since the break up. I don't see her at all. I hoped that by avoiding any contact with her she might miss me and that she might come back. I felt very connected to her during the relationship and was sure I had met my soulmate. I have tried dating other girls but I had no interest in them. She was, and is, always on my mind...

working