jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Will my husbad trust me again and want me back?

1. profile image47
    Poohbear77posted 7 years ago

Will my husbad trust me again and want me back?

My husband wants to divorce me after finding out from a letter I wrote him that a so-called friend of mine had his way with me. I'm not at all attracted to him and he is so not my type, but he got me extremely drunk and took advantage of me. I wrote a letter to my husband not explaining what happened but told him I had an affair because I felt guilty for allowing myself to be in a situation like that. It has been 8 months since he left and he says he wants to divorce me but still loves me and says he forgives me, but when we did argue he always through it in my face. Will he ever trust me agai

2. Ari Lamstein profile image81
    Ari Lamsteinposted 7 years ago

Dear Poohbear,

Well, I feel very sorry for you.  It sounds like you made a terrible mistake, but that you acknowledge it and feel very bad about it.  It sounds like you have definitely learned your lesson and will not do it again.

It also sounds like your husband is very hurt.  But despite being hurt, and taking a strong stand, he still loves you and wants to forgive you.  I think that your best bet is to listen to him.  Perhaps you can also entering into some kind of marriage counseling with him.

3. profile image47
    Poohbear77posted 7 years ago

Thank you Ari, but I have mentioned counseling, but he refuses. He keeps saying he wants s divorce but hasn't taken any action towards getting one. He comes over now we talk on the phone everyday. I'm begining to have hope, but I don't want to hurt more after I think it will work then it's s fail. But I do want him to be happy, so if it's the divorce he truely wants I will have to respect his wishes... I'm still lost. Any advice?

4. eculligan profile image75
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

Can I be honest with you?  Your husband will probably never trust you again for the rest of your marriage.  Its a hurtful process and it is something that can't be forgotten even though he loves you so much.  Not saying that it couldn't work out at all and perhaps counseling can help.  Trust is something that you really have to earn.  Here is the consequences that you will face.  Your husband will always worry when you go out with your friends and it may cause arguments.  If you can deal with that kind of lifestyle for a long time then most likely it will work out.  The guilt for you is probably the worst feeling in the world and it is eating at you everyday.  I'm sure you learned a lesson and I really hope you and your husband can makes things work.  I don't want to seem negative just trying to be honest.

5. SarahClark901 profile image55
    SarahClark901posted 4 years ago

After being in relationship with Benson for five years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the Madurai, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before two days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful Dr Madurai who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the Dr Madurai, his email maduraitemple@yahoo.com) you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything.

6. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

I am not an expert but I have been through the ringer and back with my own husband who has Intimacy Anorexia.  He never went to counseling but I did--2 years of it.  You find a counselor that does Intimacy Anorexic counseling and you go by yourself if you have too.  You will learn more about yourself and how to set boundaries and that will help you make better decisions and coping skills.  Do not hem and haw anymore.  Just do it.  It is really hard at first but then it becomes better.