jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should A Husband And Wife Bear Children In The First Two Years Of Their Marriage

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Should A Husband And Wife Bear Children In The First Two Years Of Their Marriage? If Not, Why?

2. jondav profile image77
    jondavposted 7 years ago

i'd say it's up to them.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

It depends on the individual relationship, I think...though for most, that first two years is the time to really get to know each other and learn the fundamentals of working together, and kids can really complicate things. I've personally been with my husband two years now, and our daughter will be born within the next couple of weeks. In our case I think that while more time alone together might have been a good thing, having a baby now really isn't crippling. We know each other well, and both have kids from previous marriages -- his are older, mine will be 5 in December -- so children have been a factor since the beginning, and we've already become well-acquainted with each other's parenting styles. Parenting styles seem to be one of the biggest disagreements between a lot of couples who have kids early on in the relationship, and something that should probably be discussed extensively before having children.

4. Brupie profile image73
    Brupieposted 7 years ago

I don't think the number of years of marriage is as important as other factors:  their financial security, their maturity, their health.  Children can put a lot of stress on a relationship, but it can bring a couple closer too.  A couple who are comfortable with themselves and feel secure about their lives can work through the joys and strains of children.

5. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

If the couples are within the  young age, they should enjoy their married life for sometime , say 1 to 2 years to make themselves acquainted  with the social responsibilities. Having children after few years will be a right step for the couples as well  as  child and it will be really good for leading a happy married life.

6. profile image45
    brytanniaposted 6 years ago

Depends on how long they dated. If the couple only dated for less than five years. No, they still have things that are undiscovered between each other. More than five years, Yes, they should have a real sense of each other and the real person would have came out by then. You can say wait until money is right and we have this and that but the reality of the situation is that sometimes those things don't get right in the way that we want them. But if having a child is important to the both of them there is no need to wait. However is one person is no on board they should wait it out.

working