jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Should A Husband Do If The Wife Is Not Willing To Have Babies? She Says Bab

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

What Should A Husband Do If The Wife Is Not Willing To Have Babies? She Says Babies Will Tie Her.

Every Day That Passes Without A Baby, They are Moving A Step Closer To Their Graves, And Soon There Might Be No One To Carry The Family Name Forward. Is This Kind Of Attitude A Sin In The Eyes Of God?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

No, I don't believe that not wanting to have children is a sin...though I DO believe that people who have children when they are unable or unwilling to take care of them properly IS a sin. Not having children if you know you're not ready for them is a very responsible decision. In the context of a marriage, whether or not to have kids is something that both people need to agree on before they get married and not just rely on one or the other changing their minds at a later date -- that rarely happens. A family name dying out is much better than it being carried on by a person who was abused and neglected as a child because one parent or the other didn't want the child.

3. Drew nite profile image56
    Drew niteposted 7 years ago

Wow, that is something that one discusses before marriage. "Babies will tie her?" As in tie her down? To me, she is saying that she does not plan on being with him for very long. She wants to be able to just get up and leave, and leaving is easier if they do not have any children.

Is it a sin? Well, I'm not God, so it is not for me to decide that. Also, there is not enough information for me to decide who is right or wrong, for example: he could be abusive, and so she does not want to bring children in that kind of environment, or maybe they did in fact discuss it before marriage, and he agreed to the terms with the intentions that he will try to change her mind as they go. In those two instances, he is wrong, but, as I said before, there is not enough information to make that kind of decision. 

Well, good luck buddy!

4. LilMsMoonshine profile image58
    LilMsMoonshineposted 7 years ago

First of all, this should have been understood before the relationship became a marriage. If she doesn't want babies, she isn't required to have them. The end. If he wants babies and she doesn't then they need to leave each other and find a more compatible relationship elsewhere.

Is not wanting a child a sin? Not in my eyes. There are a lot of children out there who craves a parent and there are those who abuse their children. If she has made a decision, she has her reasons and so be it. Maybe she spared another human being from something?

5. wildorangeflower profile image67
    wildorangeflowerposted 7 years ago

If you can forego with that then it is fine, if not, then you may regret later on. It is good to know at times when the two people who love each other have same objectives, if not then it may cause conflict. If her answer is final, you may have to reevaluate your goals and priorities and may end the relationship, actually this is very difficult if you love the person.

working