jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is it that Men take longer to mature...Umm..? yet they claim to be the Man o

1. Mistress of Spice profile image40
    Mistress of Spiceposted 7 years ago

Why is it that Men take longer to mature...Umm..? yet they claim to be the Man of the House...

2. lea86 profile image57
    lea86posted 7 years ago

I think it depends on the man's personality. Each one of them though they called male, but their thinking and views on every aspects are different. Some men get mature earlier based on their experience of life, and also their commitment on  certain things. If the man usually plan to have their own family, I think that he is already mature enough to be someone who is ready to take the responsibility.

3. Jason R. Manning profile image85
    Jason R. Manningposted 7 years ago

I completely agree with Lea.  Your question would assume all women mature at the same rates as well.  The type of value instilled at home make or break a teenage male.  If young men are given too long a leash, they are prone to wonder instead of focusing on future building.  Strong family households where the father lays down the law and sets high expectations generally turn out good young men.  The opposite will create the opposite, simple.

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

This is gender specific stereotyping, the question is sexist.
    Some men take longer to mature than some women, the reverse is true.  On a personal level, I've never met a mature female.
    'yet they claim to be the Man of the House...'  They could hardly claim to be the female of the house.

Closed to reply

working