jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What you have learned from your Marriage?

1. trafford profile image37
    traffordposted 7 years ago

What you have learned from your Marriage?

What you have learned from your Marriage? let me know in both manners as a positive and a negative?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4088746_f260.jpg

2. giwrgos12 profile image56
    giwrgos12posted 7 years ago

There are dozens, perhaps hundreds of reasons why a person may want to get married. But I see a lot of people getting into marriage for the wrong reasons, including: financial or emotional stability (because they have none of their own); because it’s expected (by their family); dating so long it’s either break up or get married; because they’re getting old; it seems like a fun idea; etc.

3. mandyf profile image66
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

patience. It is hard learning to live with someoen else and having a particular way of doing things. 15 years and Im still learning

4. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

I have learned that I married the wrong man. 

25 years ago I said I do and so did he.  I gave and gave and he took and took, hardly ever giving anything in return.  With a LOT of other things happening between. 

Now that I've realized this, he wants to try and fix things, but I'm not sure I want to.  I don't know if I have anything left to give, or even if I want to receive what he wants to give.

I also learned that people are not always what they seem, they do a great deal of hiding who they are.  I've also learned that just because someone says they love you, their actions speak otherwise.

5. dawnM profile image66
    dawnMposted 7 years ago

Marriage can be wonderful, but requires attention, just like any other relationship one might have.  The most important part about getting married is being clear what type of person you would want to share the rest of your life with.  This is something that many people don’t take serious enough and that is thinking past the present.  What would the person be like when you have children with them?  If you were going through tough times, would they stick around or leave.  Do they have any unresolved problem?  Take the time to get to know this about the person before you marry them.

Marriage is about two people coming together to share each other with one another, not to fix or change that person but to accept them for who they are and grow with them in the marriage. 
    One big problem that I see is that often times when people marry, they forget to still take the time to date their spouse, compliment them and keep the marriage fresh.

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

you cant rely on a spouse to make you happy

7. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I have learned that a strong and enduring marriage is based more on the bonds of friendship than love.  Love is great but honestly the friendship will heal and get you through rough spots that love cannot seem to deal with.  Start out as best friends and stay that way throughout the process of a loving marriage. The other lesson I have learned is "giving". Make it a competition...if you try to give more than your partner, they notice it sooner or later and start giving back. WB

8. phiphi profile image57
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

I just learned that the marriage is the thing by which the men or women get complete before that each of them was incomplete, in my life i am really happy by my marriage, my hubby is one of the best hubby in this world and i really love him a lot he is so caring and loving and with each and every quality which i want to be in my hubby some of the times we fights on little little things but this is also a part of our love, So the conclusion is i learned that how to live happily and how to make others happy as well as. God Bless My Marriage.

9. Julie2 profile image60
    Julie2posted 7 years ago

I am still learning how to have patience. I think that is one of the biggest things we all need in our marriages. Without this, its over.

working