jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it cheating if I'm talking and texting w/ my 1st boyfriend from high school?

1. miamiyou profile image55
    miamiyouposted 7 years ago

Is it cheating if I'm talking and texting w/ my 1st boyfriend from high school?

Not only is he my first boyfriend but he is also the father of my 1st born.  We separated many years ago and he lives on the west coast and me in Ohio .. we talk, email and text .. I just want to know if I'm betraying my husband by communicating with him.

2. unworldlife profile image58
    unworldlifeposted 7 years ago

Honestly, how would you feel if he did the same thing to you? I know it sounds cliche as hell, but it is true. If you are talking to him on any deeper connection level (ie, why didn't we work out? do you miss us?), then yes, it classifies as something that needs to be nipped in the bud. Since he is the father of your child ( I am assuming that your husband knows this?) he does have somewhat of a right to at least know how his child is. This is a somewhat sticky situation. Use your intuition. If it feels wrong, then it most likely is. Sorry to say, but if your husband is raising your first born as his own, and your ex contributes in no way (financially, emotional, etc), then it may be best to cut him lose, especially if the temptation to even talk inappropriately is present. I wish you the best of luck and hope you decide wisely.

3. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Providing you're not doing it in secret,  and are maintaining a relationship because of the child you have together and are not involved in a romantic relationship it's not cheating.  It's normal and common to remain in touch with an ex when you have a child together.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

If you're asking if it's cheating then it probably is on some level.
    What makes an activity cheating is lying directly or by omission. Doing things behind your mate's back which you would not say or do with them sitting next to you.
    Cheating is betraying another person's trust.

Having said that if you are talking to your ex regarding the child you share then that would be understandable and it should not require deception on your part.
    Your husband should also be in the loop as to what is going on. Cheating usually comes down to telling lies and keeping secrets.

5. TheSenior profile image60
    TheSeniorposted 7 years ago

Your married so that puts this circumstance in a major vien - however he is the father of your and his child - what I would do is let hour husband know that you are in contact with the bio father which he should know anyway and the bio father should have access anyway.

Very tech it is sorta cheating but because it's the bio father it's sorta a grey area - so let your husband know very quicly and your gonna have to explain why you two have been in contact without your husband knowing.  Your husband must realize that the bio father does have the right to know about his child.