Should I say something...?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Syrusv37 profile image82
    Syrusv37posted 13 years ago

Should I say something...?

So I'm currently in a long distance relationship and I've been with my girlfriend for going on two years. Recently she has been contributing nude photos to an online art gallery where thousands of people can see. i was very happy for her because she seemed excited from all the comments she was getting. But now I'm a little edgy because she seems to be going overboard and has posted over fifty nude photos of herself. She even takes time away from us so she can finish her shoots. I don't want to be the guy that rains on her parade, but it's starting to bug me. Any suggestions?

2. Right On Time profile image59
    Right On Timeposted 13 years ago

This seems to be a big part of who she is, her interests, to do the posing (no judgement btw I think it's kinda cool). So you need to sit down and think before broaching the subject - and gently mention to her that it's making you feel uncomfortable. Realistically what do you expect as the outcome, I doubt that she would stop and if she did would it be not intrinsic to her and make her unhappy because it is, after all, what she really wants. You might need to learn to accept it or move on, maybe a good compromise would be maybe posting less pictures online.

3. Docmo profile image90
    Docmoposted 13 years ago

This is certainly a tough situation for you. I am not entirely clear what aspect of this is making you feel edgy ( apart from the obvious- but then one shouldn't assume!) - If your girlfriend is proud of her body and seems to enjoy what she feels is art are you happy for her? -  you seemed to hint that you are more upset now that the numbers  have gone up and that she is pursuing this at the expense of time spent with you- If this is a project that she is keen to contribute to and seems to dedicate herself to, you could support her and compliment her on her success and then broach the subject of the less time you seem to be spending together.if you have no moral objection to displaying nudity. However if your objection is to the nudity itself- you need to discuss this with her... Hope this helps somewhat..

4. shimmering Dawn profile image69
    shimmering Dawnposted 13 years ago

Looks like you suddenly took a dislike to what you enjoyed at first.. so it has become an annoyance.  ask yourself will you be comfortable when you walk with her and your friends  see you together and you are wondering what they are thinking about........ values play a huge part in relationships... so you need to feel comfortable with what both of you are doing .. discuss it with her tell her how you feel and take it from there ..
    In the end it is about adjustments and compromise, how both of you will adjust with the things that you do everyday..
    I hope it helped...

5. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 13 years ago

Yes. Just say you're realising you are not feeling comfortable about it. I agree with what you said - Posting 50 nude photos of herself is over the top and it is most likely to make anyone in your situation feel edgy about it.

6. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 13 years ago

You can't rain on her parade, she is her own person and has a life of her own to live.  Two things can happen, you can let her live her life, (once she doesn't disrespect you) or you can leave her for whatever reason you are having issues.  She's bound to leave you if you show out.  Maybe this is good because you are seeing who she is.

7. Rob Hanlon profile image59
    Rob Hanlonposted 13 years ago

Any suggestions?

Without knowing all there is to know, I couldn't suggest anything other than setting some time aside with your girlfriend and talk about things between you both.

If that don't work, you both could try Couples Counselling ?

8. tinaweha profile image60
    tinawehaposted 13 years ago

She sounds a bit psycho to me.  Do you know any of her friends?  If you were my child, I would try to get you to dump her...but I don't know you so I can't say anything.

If she is like this now, what things about her are going to come up in 5 years?  I think it's a freaking strange thing for a normal girl to do...though she could be amazingly insecure. 

Definitely, tell her that you are not happy with it.  I would be p*ssed if one of my daughter's did something like that.  It's just weird.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just old school.  I wouldn't compliment her on it.  I would remain really cool and level-headed and just let her know that it upsets you.  If she does it anyway when she knows that it upsets you, I would rethink the relationship and possibly find another girlfriend.

If you are at the point where you need couple's counselling and you aren't even married or living together, she is the wrong wrong wrong girl for you.  Why don't you ask your mother what you should do.  If you are afraid to tell your mother, what would you tell your future children?

9. Syrusv37 profile image82
    Syrusv37posted 13 years ago

You are right Butch, I have low self esteem. I do suffer from depression so you're wrong when you say I like it, but i guess it's something I'm going to have to figure out on my own. I just wanted some advice on the situation at hand, not my personal problems, but you're probably right. Thanks for the input nonetheless.

10. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

If it is bugging you, it will just get worst.. so say something!  She must be very beautiful and proud of her body but, yes there is always a but, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when you rain on her parade.  Posting nude photos of oneself in public forums is definitely calling for attention.. and got that from all the comments she is receiving.  Is she getting paid for these nude photos?  Just curious.  You must be a very open-minded guy to let your girlfriend post nude pictures of herself for all the world to see.  It might be good now for her, but it might bite her in the future.  Good luck!

11. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

If your own moral standing and stature, principles of public probity,  the principled things on what to do and not to do in your personal value system are all far better than hers, then it is something to be bugged.

You were in a long distance relationship, going on for 2 years. What was your motive? Marriage? Time pass through Internet? Thrill of uncommitted voyeurism? Come on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)