jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think you need to impress a woman when dating?

1. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

Do you think you need to impress a woman when dating?

I have heard guys say they think having a girlfriend is expensive.  Do you think you need to impress a woman you are dating?  What is your favorite, not expensive, thing to do on a first date?

2. Buffoon profile image77
    Buffoonposted 7 years ago

I think not. In my experience, the more one tries to impress, the more one appears like a clown and achieves just the opposite effect. I'm but a Buffoon though smile

As favorites go, I don't have any, thinking back to my first dates, I'd say we both picked the event or venue consensually, something we both would like. Like I said... very unimpressive, but rather genuine.

3. Right On Time profile image61
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Depends on the type of person. If it's a superficial person, yes, impressing is top priority however if it's a normal person, then being polite and kind is good.

4. Happyboomernurse profile image85
    Happyboomernurseposted 7 years ago

Can't answer for a guy, but as a woman I love picnics in a beautiful park, especially when the guy makes it special by bringing a tablecloth, simple centerpiece and all the food. My husband still surprises me like that sometimes and I enjoy it just as much as when we were dating.

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

When I was about 16 - 17, yes, there was this sort of idea that I had to be in charge, and pay for everything and control, but then I became 18 and realised that girls were just as scared as I was and everything became more relaxed.

Closed to reply

working