jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

is sexual compatibility important when choosing a partner?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

is sexual compatibility important when choosing a partner?

do you put importance on how good the sex is or is it irrelevant to you?

2. MarieAlice profile image77
    MarieAliceposted 7 years ago

When having a relationship, sex is really important but is not everything.  So I guess sexual compatibility is important in order to have a special relationship with your partner, but there is a lot more, like love, armony, same interests and much more!!!

3. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Sex is important in a relationship.  It is not the most important part of a relationship... but it is the most fun.

4. Taleb80 profile image83
    Taleb80posted 7 years ago

It depends on every partner's priorities.
    For some partners, sharing same interests give them the harmony they need to be the happiest.

5. phoenix_028@yahoo profile image61
    phoenix_028@yahooposted 7 years ago

well for my opinion the answer is yes sexual compatibility is important because its matter of being satisfied and being able to satisfy.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I can't begin to imagine how a relationship without sexual compatibility could survive unless it was a relationship for show... such as a gay partner marrying for convenience to another likely gay partner of the opposite sex.  That has happened quite often in show business.  Rock Hudson was gay but no one needed to be aware of it.  Most every gay male in the gay community assumes Tom Cruise is gay and the marriage is one of show.

7. Iontach profile image86
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Sexual compatibility is important and is deffo a factor that should be considered when entering a relationship...

If you can't provide for your other half or vice versa, then things may become a little gloomy.

The sex doesn't have to blow your mind, but it should be good.

Personality compatibility would be the most important though, as good sex isn't going to keep a relationship going forever.

p.s. I think your picture doesn't tie in with the question. Are you implying that couples of the same sex have sexual compatibility issues? They really don't.

8. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Yes. It sounds kinda shallow but it isn't. Sex is a facet of [good] communication.. which is high up there on the definite needs within a relationship. It's equally as important as the other qualities such as trust, love...

9. Right On Time profile image63
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Yeah sure, however sex is one part of the equasion and most of what is sexy is determined in the longer term by how you feel about the person. BTW: My 80s couple is happy

10. pro milli profile image57
    pro milliposted 7 years ago

I definitely believe so! Some people will argue it's low on the list of things to consider when choosing a partner, but i definitely feel it is important. Nobody wants to be with someone they don't find attractive. Just the same, nobody wants to be with someone they aren't sexually compatible with. That's not to say that sexual compatibility comes first. We as humans have that primal instinct built in. There's no way to get around it, unless you want to have a partial relationship...

11. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

Yes. Though other factors, such as, personality are also important, I would - from my experience - say that, yes, sexual compatibility is important, when choosing a partner.