Hi V, I am really struggling with this one...My ex GF and I were together 6 year

1. profile image48
    DrRussposted 7 years ago

Hi V, I am really struggling with this one...My ex GF and I were together 6 years (never lived...

together) and broke up on 9/11/2010...weird, huh? Both of us contributed to our lifestyles getting a bit lazy...but we are both attractive people and both back in shape now.
    She had been losing interest in focusing on our relationship and is easily influenced by others. She ended up cheating on me with...another girl! That I know and she wanted to continue to be friends with her...I couldn't handle it.
    My ex  wants to be friends...I don't.We till have a financial tie that I can't get rid of right now...so I want to remain civil...but do not want to remain friends.
    Just some background

2. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

You can be civilized mature "friends" basically grownups.  The way you once felt you may not feel that way anymore, or the things you had no problem doing you may not want to do, but until your financial ties are broken you have to have some type of camaraderie.  This will keep things sane and in order until you move on.  It can hurt to remain friends, but it is better than behaving negative by holding a grudge and being enemies

3. SpiffyD profile image82
    SpiffyDposted 6 years ago

It's always better to try to be civil and resolve whatever issues underpinning your relationship with your ex. That there is still a financial tie makes it more important to do this. It can be difficult if she wants to be friends and you don't. There is no need to be insincere about the issue though. I say just be civil until you can completey close that aspect of your life.