jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When you said I DO, did you really mean it? or was it just a cliche'?

1. Silver-Foxx profile image57
    Silver-Foxxposted 7 years ago

When you said I DO, did you really mean it? or was it just a cliche'?

Remember this phase: I (put your name here) take (put his/her name here) to be my wedded (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part. Cliche or Ture Vow?
    Why bother if divoice is an option?

2. Bible Studies profile image69
    Bible Studiesposted 7 years ago

True vow over 13 years of hell and high water, water under the bridge, and all that jazz. Been through the ok's, poorer, and worst. Waiting for the richer. Been through the sickness, other fleshly weaknesses, and still married. Came close to divorce, but it just wasn't in our vocabulary. We may not show how much we cherish each other, but we still love each other. I'm sure there is more thick and thin to come in more than one way. wink

3. krillco profile image94
    krillcoposted 7 years ago

Some of us take it very seriously. My theology of marriage directs me to say 'I do' and 'yes' each and every day I wake up.

4. profile image59
    rieomposted 7 years ago

I meant it at the time I said I do and meant it for the rest of our lives.  I recognized it was not a good marriage after the first year but I stayed and stayed and stayed because of the vow I made.

working