jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What does it REALLY mean when someone in a relationship says that they "Need To

1. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

What does it REALLY mean when someone in a relationship says that they "Need To Find Themselves?"

Did you know they were lost, or unable to find the right map? What aren't they saying - why? What should you do or not do?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

It really means they are full of silly little cliches like I need some space, or I need a little more time.  They think that phrases like that are 'deep' and 'meaningful.'

3. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

When someone in a relationship says, "I need to FIND myself," what do they really mean? Are they lost? Is the relationship over? Here are some possibilities, and some tips to help you handle it all. read more

4. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

One of our greatest myth is that we can make each other happy, it is a romantic illusion created by songs, literature and popular culture. It causes a great deal of heartache as this mistaken idea is taken into relationships where it can only be ground into dust by the heavy foot of disillusionment. The saddest part is that we don't need to suffer if only we are prepared to accept responsibility for our own happiness. The good thing is people are prepared to step back and find their own lost happiness before they commit to make happy someone esle...read more in my hub: Happiness that lives within us....

5. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 6 years ago

When a guy sez it, it REALLY means that another girl has caught his eye and he wants to see if he can get her in bed.....   It's NOT really a lie, of course, since he REALLY "needs to find (himself)" in her's or his bed.........

6. Beata Stasak profile image83

The more you learn,the more you realise you don't know. It's never ending cycle and no one can never fully know. Venture into the little corners of your heart and mind  and search for answers there... read more

7. Beata Stasak profile image83

"So you've given up on me?"
    She said,
    amazed
    at all this rare talk
    from him.

"No,"
    he murmured,
    unconvinced,
    "I need a beer,"
    he quickly left.

"Why can't she get it?"
    he entered the pub
    and found his mate,
    "When... read more

8. WordCrafter09 profile image77
    WordCrafter09posted 6 years ago

Written in reply to a HubPages question about what to do when someone is in a relationship, and the other person says he needs to find himself; this Hub discusses the process of getting lost, either in life or in a relationship. read more

working