jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

1. swedal profile image71
    swedalposted 7 years ago

Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

2. tribhuban profile image59
    tribhubanposted 7 years ago

A friend must be in my type. He/she must be caring and helping. With whom i can share everything..................

3. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

I have always tried to be what I would want my friend/s to be.. understanding, compassionate, caring, bearing no grudges, forgiving, helpful.. but I guess no one is perfect there are times when i lose my cool...but I am the first to say sorry too....
    Thanks for your question has made me come back to this section of HP after a long long time... smile
    Hope you are a great friend to your friends.smile

4. Amy Becherer profile image72
    Amy Bechererposted 7 years ago

I try to be the type of friend I want, but it is difficult to satisfy everyone's expectations.  Since each individual has a different concept of what encompasses a "good friend" based on their individual needs, it is a tall order.  In getting to know different people, it is, unfortunately, personally too demanding, or, too compromising to come to terms with personalities that are entrenched in their own self serving concepts of friendship, or adversarial,  confrontational individuals.  In those cases, I find my idea of being a good friend is a source of aggravation for the other person and arguments in defense of who I am ensue, and I must bow out for my own self preservation.  I have one, long-term best friend who I value and who values me.  We have no ulterior motives, or hidden agendas, but value each other for who we truly are.  It is wonderful.

5. dianne143 profile image36
    dianne143posted 7 years ago

I always be my self they should love and accept you as who you are.

6. sonia05 profile image61
    sonia05posted 7 years ago

i try my level best to be a good and genuine friend who is cool,caring,understanding,funny etc but since we all are different,friendship differs with different people. Some become best of friends while others are just friends who are more than acquaintances and their company is good.

7. Rastamermaid profile image71
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

I have always been the kind of friend I would love to have.

Unfortunately,I have yet to met a friend of that caliber.
    Afew have come close but when it came out in the wash,they were not friends at all.

working