jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you using your weakness to control other people?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

Are you using your weakness to control other people?

I was told that  a narcissistic person is concerned onlly for his own needs and feels he is so  special that life should revolve around him,and he feels entitled to whatever makes him happy and expects special favors without assuming reciprocal responsibilities .I knew of this person over age 45 refused to work
    always expected others to take care of him....

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i'm proud to say, not in the least. i try to help people who deserve it when ever i can. i'm happy with the person i have become and i'm happy of how people respect me.

3. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

Well, Not mine. But there weakness.. If I know them properly it is easy to handle them... May be am so mean. but that is reality.

4. justanotherteen profile image60
    justanotherteenposted 7 years ago

I think that my weaknesses can't be used to my advantages, they cant make me control other's cos they are what makes me inferior to other's and "weak". I can like Vishaaa said use their weaknesses to control them but that always makes me feel guilty.

5. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I'm not weak.  In fact, it appears a lot of people seem to have a problem with the strength I have and don't hide.   hmm

6. Bronson_Hub profile image60
    Bronson_Hubposted 7 years ago

Usually narcissists find ways to make it look like they're the victims of some injustice that makes them impugn to criticism for their selfish behavior.

But yes, they play possum to get what they want and it's a boy who cried wolf kind of behavior that harms trust with one another.

I honestly prefer a tyrant over someone who tries to manipulate by feigning weakness, or worse, deliberately weakens themselves and makes themselves pitiable to control and have power over others by exalting asceticism.

At least a tyrant is honest about controlling you.

Then again, we could argue feigning weakness is an emotional tyranny... this might go on for a while so I'll just stop now tongue

working