jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What ther number one cause for a failing marriage?

1. Jangaplanet profile image79
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

What ther number one cause for a failing marriage?

2. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

Relationships lie on trust. When somebody breaks the trust, that will be the main cause for failing marriages.

3. Dada_Phil profile image57
    Dada_Philposted 7 years ago

Poor Family Law. The #1 cause for a failing marriage is the ease with wich divorce can be granted. All else is relative. When a divorce can be bought through a divorce attorney, the reasons can be many or for no reason at all and to know exactly why it happens can only be known to the spouse seeking the divorce. With any excuse given for wanting the divorce, only the spouse who seeks the dissolution truly knows the answer.
    No fault divorce is the bane of any marriage as no reason need be given or even proven in court.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

I think money is the number one cause. Either the two cannot agree on money or someone tries to make a grab at money via divorce settlement.

5. solar10 profile image58
    solar10posted 7 years ago

lack of communication among of husband, wife, and/or kinds

6. profile image50
    Andy the Greatposted 7 years ago

Money, easy, and I'm sure I could find 10 studies to back that up within 10 minutes of googling.

Money is not romantic, so most couples try to avoid discussing it early on. The relationship is off to a rocky start if you bring it up, and generally doomed if you don't.

7. barbergirl28 profile image76
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Financial burdens... especially when both people have two completely different spending habits. My husband and I have been married for 11 years and we have separated a few times... each time it was because of money... which led to lies. Neither which is good for a relationship!

8. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 7 years ago

Absence of real love.
    If you really love somebody,you will stay in the marriage.

9. profile image24
    najiasalman1posted 7 years ago

Majority of answerers are telling right thing. Money matters in relationship of husband and wife.

10. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

One or both partners taking each other for granted...
    forgetting to say thank you.. failing to appreciate...

11. TheSmurf profile image33
    TheSmurfposted 7 years ago

thinking that everything is simple in a marriage...maybe also because they stop comunicating...

12. TinaTango profile image67
    TinaTangoposted 7 years ago

I believe it would be bad communication between one another.

13. workingmomwm profile image83
    workingmomwmposted 7 years ago

I'd have to say lack of communication - and an unwillingness to compromise (putting yourself above your spouse at all costs). If you have good communication and you're willing to set aside what you want to reach some sort of an agreement with your spouse, you can overcome anything - well, within reason. This wouldn't necessarily hold true if you were in an abusive relationship.

14. sean kinn profile image61
    sean kinnposted 7 years ago

Most failed marriages involve self-centered people. :-)

15. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

The number one cause of a failing marriage is the frustration and emotional disconnection that derives from unmet core relationship needs. Divorce can now be predicted scientifically based on the presence or absence of a coercive communication style between partners, most typically through criticism-defense and stonewalling.

The 3 most common sources of secondary marital distress are money, sex and in-law- based conflicts. The primary source underling all three secondary sources are frustrated attachment needs.