jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If a friend's always been there for you...

1. justanotherteen profile image60
    justanotherteenposted 7 years ago

If a friend's always been there for you...

but then they make one mistake that really hurts you, do you let them off that one time because after all they were there for when you needed them before??

2. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

I would say that if they are a really good friend who was there when you were really down, and, they only messed up once...I would forgive them and move on.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

everyone makes mistake and never forget that. if the person did it for a reason and it isn't their normal behavior then let it go but don't forget it.

4. FaithDream profile image82
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

Yes, forgiveness is important. Good friends are to be cherished. Everyone makes mistakes after all. People will let you down, it's a fact of life. If that friend has been there for you in the past, then they are a friend worth having.

5. Str8up Hookups profile image39
    Str8up Hookupsposted 7 years ago

I would tell you to analyze the relationship closely.This isn't probably the first time they crossed the line but you over looked them before.
    If you do see a pattern and now see that this is something they constantly do,the choice is yours.

Meaning if you chose to let them off don't be surprised if it happens again.

A really true friend would never,ever do anything to hurt you.

Good luck!

6. Borganator profile image59
    Borganatorposted 7 years ago

No, if they are your friend you should be able to forgive and forget. I have had friends in the past that have really hurt me and then have done it again but when I tell them I am hurt they look me in the eye and are truthfully sorry. If someone does it on purpose just to hurt you that is a different story but if it is a total accident then forgiving and forgetting is always a good decision.

working