What's the difference?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I've met a few women who are older than I am and has never experienced love making, they have kids but know nothing!!!

What's the difference between "making love" and "sex"?

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

about 3 six paacks!

2. profile image0
    fit2dayposted 12 years ago

They're supposed to be the same thing, but in light of the bad reputation sex has received, I will say that making love is more of a giving of oneself to someone else, where sex or just sex is getting from someone.

To be honest, I believe that's the whole point of marrital intimacy, but I believe divorce is so high because the mindset is me, me, me.

This may seem random but it's almost like eating. Eating nourishes the body and sex(in the good sense) expresses intimacy. If a person eats junk all the time, that's what they'll crave, but if they eat healthy all the time then the icecream they eat every bluemoon will be more enjoyable.

If a person uses sex as a self-pleasing activity, then they won't enjoy it as much and will be too consumed by personal pleasure to really make love. For people who stay married and solely committed to their spouse, making love will be more of a reality than for the couple who met at the bar one night.

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

I would say sex can be had with almost anyone. Making love can only be with someone you are emotionally attached to.

3. Bhanu.Jas profile image68
    Bhanu.Jasposted 12 years ago

Difference is un-definite expression.As Difference exist in everything even in looking to same thing which is good as it is how you differentiate it.It is complex term.

Bhawana

4. My Stories profile image60
    My Storiesposted 12 years ago

Making love is with someone you are strongly committed to and love deeply. It makes you feel good and there is just something passionate about it.  Sex is just sex.  It can be with anyone and you don't have to have a connection with the person. There really is no feeling, its just to satisfy your horny craving.

5. wheelinallover profile image76
    wheelinalloverposted 12 years ago

My take on it is you can have sex with anyone. It takes between 7 and 15 minutes and for the most part there are no regrets. Sex is self physical satisfaction and if the partner is lucky they experience the same.

To make love there must be love between the partners. With love comes caring about the person you are making love to. It's being willing to spent the time to make sure both partners come away feeling truly loved.   

With sex there can be a fear of failure, when you are making love it shouldn't be an issue. While making love neither partner should ever have to fake anything. It's about honest feelings and wanting to be with this person more than anything in the world.

6. Rhoda Talisaysay profile image60
    Rhoda Talisaysayposted 12 years ago

Only few men know how to make their women experience orgasm so mostly went to the heaven in 5 minutes with the other left on earth and never been in the clouds ever with those kids she has..... that is only sex.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)