jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)

Why do people hurt each other?

1. selene383 profile image60
    selene383posted 6 years ago

Why do people hurt each other?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4740361_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    David99999posted 6 years ago

This is a very good question.  I'm not really sure why people to that.  One possibility (which doesn't excuse their behavior) is that they either don't trust each other, or, they are acting out some sort of emotional issue.

3. manda leanne profile image58
    manda leanneposted 6 years ago

i think sometimes hurting others is to protect urself, and then there is sometimes the person is hurting and has no idea how to deal so they lash out and hurt others

4. saanj H profile image77
    saanj Hposted 6 years ago

hi

This is because every person has a distinct personality, a distinct perspective, a distinct thought process. Some times it is the clash of egos, lack of understanding between the two individuals, breach of trust or faith and the list goes on.

In most of the cases it is due to the expectations that one has from the other. If there is a dearth in fulfilling the expectations then this may hurt the feelings of the other. So people need to have a control on their expectations that they have from others.

5. profile image49
    raxxsachposted 6 years ago

That just because they have lot of anger,discontentments and weakness.A strong person is one who can control his senses he is a true king.A weak person is just the opposite no control on his own senses so he just vents out his anger and pain by screaming on others.A dry plant can only give thorns no green leaves..

6. Dammy007 profile image59
    Dammy007posted 6 years ago

People hurt each other at times because they have immature thinking  or they have wrong conclusion and mostly they are not meant for each together.

7. Cre'lynn profile image54
    Cre'lynnposted 6 years ago

Wel.. tht is a very hard qustion. mostly bc ppl have their own reasons for hurting ppl. either out of jelousy, hate, love, or anything else really. i guess bc where humans and thts wht we do smile

8. PurvisBobbi44 profile image80
    PurvisBobbi44posted 6 years ago

Some people whose tender hearts have been bruised at an early age, become hard-hearted and mean. While others chose to overcome this hurt and carry on; to feel all the little bumps in the road of life,--- they rise above it.

The hard-hearted need more understanding, patiences, and kindness from the ones who care. Sometimes, relationships that you have to work the hardest to develope, are the ones that last.

But on the same note: Never let anyone be abusive in a relationship--get out  of it--if this happens--. And on a second note: If you have to work too hard at a relationship; it may not be worth it.

A good relationship involves: Love, Trust, Care, Kindness,
    Consideration, and most of all Respect.
    Respect means you honor that person, as well as they should honor you.

Why People Hurt Each Other? I don't really know, all the answers. But I believe it is ingorance from not being taught in a good family environment. And it is a waste of time. Life is time, and everyone's clock is ticking.

I,  personally do not have time for mean people in my life. And that means even if they are family, friends or non-friends.

Good Luck in Your Life,

Bobbi

9. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

I wish I knew that answer, but it seems people have been hurting each other since the beginning of time. Maybe people hurt each other to feel in control.

10. arb profile image78
    arbposted 6 years ago

Because it is so difficult to turn our own hurt inward towards ourselves and our own hurt rages for expression, unfortunately, those we love the most are usually in the way. Sadder still, in doing so we encounter the further hurt of hurting someone else.

11. jennshealthstore profile image89
    jennshealthstoreposted 6 years ago

I think that in some cases hurting people and putting others down make people feel better about themselves. Usually if you do this to others then your own self confidence is lacking. Other times people do not intend to hurt others but say or do something that causes another hurt.

12. Dovay Lee profile image37
    Dovay Leeposted 6 years ago

In fact i do not know why they hurt each other. sometimes i think they do not need to , just have more forgiveness and both parties can benefit from forgiveness.

13. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

People hurt other people because they CHOOSE to.  Plain and simple there is not explanation, depth or reasoning for this.  Choice is very powerful, you'll be surprised according to the choices that we make how our lives are either fulfilled or forever filled with void and pain.  People have no idea what it is to choose wisely.  So for some, they choose to continuously distribute pain because they have no idea how to choose otherwise.  They have practiced and embedded the same behavior over and over again.  They have never experienced unconditional love or wouldn't know how to "choose" unconditional love even if it were right in front of their face.  Once knowing as well as experiencing love, the thought or act of experiencing or having anyone experience pain would repulse them.

Vonda G. Nelson

14. Vishaaa profile image76
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

Yes I do it sometimes. But how long I can just bear and do nothing when others hurt me everyday? Someday the anger comes out and make me to hurt them..

It is natural. We don't do it purposefully.

15. maria.rose profile image36
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

I think  People hurt each other out of selfishness. and I don't understand why people hurt other who love them, I would never hurt some one who cares for me or loved me,

16. Hunbbel Meer profile image85
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

Because at some time many people tend to forget the beauty of one's relation and its importance decreases in their eyes. They do not give that desired importance to carry one's relation in different phases of life.
    It is only when they realize the true importance of a good relation when they lose it.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image66
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

We just try to safeguard ourselves first and in the process we hurt others. For some, they do it deliberately just to feel good.

working