jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is fear a natural emotion for loving someone too much?

1. Krissi87 profile image60
    Krissi87posted 7 years ago

Is fear a natural emotion for loving someone too much?

2. daydreamer13 profile image61
    daydreamer13posted 7 years ago

Yes! I know for a fact that it is! It can turn into disaster or it can help guide you, so listen closely to your concience if you're feeling this.

3. noyon_ku profile image56
    noyon_kuposted 7 years ago

may be. everything can be happen for this emotion.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 7 years ago

In a healthy relationship, a person should  feel comfortable being who he/she really is. You may be nervous but not fearful.  Is the relationship new? Is it a fear of losing the one you love, or is it a fear that you can't be yourself because you don't want to lose someone's affection?
    If you have confidence in yourself as an individual, you won't feel the need for a relationship to complete you, and you shouldn't have as much fear of a break-up. Then again, love is a powerful emotion and often irrational!

5. ChristineVianello profile image61
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

I believe so, because with loving someone too much, one may be scared to get hurt.

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

There is no such thing as loving someone "too much".
    A mother willing to die in place of her child. Would we call that loving too much?
    A man willing to risk his life to protect his family from an intruder.
    Would we call this loving them "too much"?

It's only when we discuss (romantic love) that we buy into the concept that it's possible to "love too much' and yet most of these people would not die for the people they "love too much".

Usually when one believes they love someone "too much" what they're really saying is (they don't love themselves enough!) In one way or another they have given up being themselves or sacraficed their wants, dreams, and needs in order to fit into the other person's world and now they realize their mate would have never done the same for them. It's not so much about "loving too much" as it is the feeling of "inequality of the love" in the relationship.
    Having a lack of confidence and low self-esteem will lead one to feel undeserving or lucky to have someone in their life and therefore they walk on egg shells or live in fear of losing them. Once again I would say this is NOT loving someone "too much" but rather Not Loving YOURSELF Enough!

7. Lissa2677 profile image52
    Lissa2677posted 6 years ago

Absolutely, making ourselves venerable is a hard task not matter who you are. I have hugged and squeezed people to death because of fear of loosing them or them loosing interest. Trust me as long as you can make each other feel loved, safe and have trust it can work. But as soon as us humans become obsessive, possessive and smothering it can lead to a car wreck. When I love, I love with all my heart and after many mistakes of holding on far to tight, I am finally getting it. By the way if you don't trust them then don't be with them because it will drive you crazy and make you crazy. Love is a wonderful things when it is given just the right amount of care, time and patience. We all fear loving and loosing but it is worth taking the risks. It is always better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all. You got this, best wishes!!!