jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why is it so easy to love our family, but so hard to like them?

1. capncrunch profile image75
    capncrunchposted 7 years ago

Why is it so easy to love our family, but so hard to like them?

2. profile image52
    Donathanposted 7 years ago

You love your parents because they give you life or they raised you or even they were friends and parents at the same time. The reason it is so hard to like them is because you have experienced one of the fallowing, abuse,yelling, fighting, or even getting the old leather hide across your bottom. I can only say that it depends on how you feel.

I hope this helps.

3. lesmancan1 profile image56
    lesmancan1posted 7 years ago

love is deep in your heart i understand,time will tell!

4. Jarn profile image83
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

We love them because of obligation, and that's unconditional. LIking them implies we assess who they are as people, and the conclusion to which we come is that were we not related to them, we would probably not want to know them.

5. maria.rose profile image37
    maria.roseposted 7 years ago

we love our family because it is God gifted & there is no condition no tension it totally fair love we love our parents because they give us life they are our  well wisher and so on......

6. phiphi profile image57
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

No its not hard to like them its also easy as easy it loving them

7. dashingscorpio profile image85
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

"Family love" is taught and ingrained into us from a very early age. Witness a 2 year old child on the phone with his/her grandmother, more often than not the call will end with the parent of that child coaxing them to say, "I love you grandma".

Clearly there is NO WAY the child knows what those words mean nor does he have that "feeling". As the years roll by we "learn" family is to be loved, "blood is thicker than water" "appreciate and respect" your parents for "bringing you into the world"...etc

As Jarn stated in his answer we love family out of "obligation". It has also been said, "Friends are the family WE choose"

8. bloggering profile image71
    bloggeringposted 7 years ago

It's projection... What we don't like in others is something that is present within ourselves. And since it is a family member, it's intensified.

working