jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is a life without beauty worth living?

1. Brett Winn profile image88
    Brett Winnposted 5 years ago

Is a life without beauty worth living?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

You are an expression/manifestation of beauty. That is how you are able to appreciate it. So your first premise is a theoretical impossibility.

3. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

All life is beautiful. There is no such thing as a life without beauty. It may be deep inside or on the surface, yet all as beautiful, in their substance. The few seen on the media, and television advertisements, are a small portion of the general population of rather average and what most would call, plain in their appearance, The faces that we all see are outward visual appearances and what is beneath the faces and "the skin", is more beautiful than can be imagined. Who you are and your true beauty can be seen by all who meet you and learn of your truthful loveliness. The good Lord made all things bright and beautiful for us all to know and to see. This we can do in many ways and is one of the greatest qualities that are a part of our human lives.

4. sriparna profile image82
    sriparnaposted 5 years ago

Life is beautiful, it lies in one's within and in the eyes of the beholder. Anything which looks ugly from outside has immense beauty from inside, it needs a beautiful mind and pure vision to see and feel the beauty even in the beastly things.

5. dghbrh profile image78
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Life without beauty can never be lived as life itself is the most beautiful thing.Being alive is beautiful as well.

6. SidKemp profile image93
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

There were times in childhood - which I now know were due to toxicity and illness - where I could feel no beauty, and it felt like life was not worth living. And, for many years, illness and pain persisted, and those feelings came back.

But I stuck through it. The illnesses are almost gone. The confusion is gone, and I see beauty everywhere.

So my own life is a testimony to the fact that, even when we can't touch the beauty, life is worth living, for we are, and all is, beautiful, and awareness of beauty can come back at any time.

7. Cristale profile image86
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Beauty is all around, so easy to find

8. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I still strongly believe in inner beauty of a person. It is definitely worth living even though one may not be having external beauty.