jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How do you know if it is love or lust?

1. Vishaaa profile image78
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

How do you know if it is love or lust?

2. alphonsians93 profile image55
    alphonsians93posted 7 years ago

well if  his hands are started moving on different parts of your body during your first day.. well..thats lust.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

When you love someone, you want what is best for them.  You may desire them and think about making love with them.  But deep inside, you care about how they feel and what they want in life.  And it would break your heart for them to feel hurt or pain.  That is love, passion follows.

4. Sunny Barb profile image60
    Sunny Barbposted 7 years ago

Lust is like a sugar rush.  It comes fast and is a high like no other, but it doesn't last long.  The crash always comes.  Love is more subtle, like a soft warm blanket.  It is not perfect, but lasts a lot longer.

5. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 7 years ago

Darn good question and sometimes very hard to answer at first. I guess you'll find out if you're still together when the honeymoon is over and start fighting over who has to take out the garbage. If you can survive real life, then it's real.

6. ikechiawazie profile image61
    ikechiawazieposted 7 years ago

If i cant go all out to make you happy, laying off my selfish ambition then i am definitely not loving

7. julie58 profile image59
    julie58posted 7 years ago

Love lasts, lust fizzles out (although it takes on a new dimension when you're in a long-lasting relationship!)

8. TylerCapp profile image82
    TylerCappposted 7 years ago

Lust is more impulsive while love tends to bring future survival and happiness to mind. That's one way to look at it, anyway.

The combination of the two, however, is intoxicating.

9. krystalsmith profile image57
    krystalsmithposted 7 years ago

If you're asking this question it's lust. If you really love someone you genuinely care about them, their interests and what is best for them, you may also having feelings of love towards them but you will KNOW that  you love them.

10. Scarlet Baron profile image53
    Scarlet Baronposted 7 years ago

Lust is just when you want to sleep with someone.
    Whereas love is a more lasting feeling, where you want to spend time, think about that person constantly, make love and so on.

working