I dont know if I should forgive him or move on!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)
  1. profile image50
    manda27posted 13 years ago

I dont know if I should forgive him or move on!

Okay so here it goes. me & my boyfriend have been together for 3 yrs. throughout the first 2 years of our relationship I did alot of stuff to him. cheating on him, getting drunk and calling him names. I put him through a lot. well our relationship got %100 better. in the last 4 months of our relationship he started to become really distant. we broke up because I got tired of him letting me down & standing me up. we recently got back together. well I recently just found out that all those months he was indeed seeing somebody behind my back. he says he sorry and wants to start over.

2. TheBlondie profile image61
    TheBlondieposted 13 years ago

Don't get back with him! The trouble you've had with him for the past several years is proof that if you continued the relationship, the negatives would outweigh the positives. If you've both cheated on each other, then you obviously aren't meant to be together. Find a guy that will love you for who you are, and won't lie and cheat behind your back.

3. J.S.Matthew profile image79
    J.S.Matthewposted 13 years ago

I was in a similar situation some years back. I was with a girl who cheated and did the same things that you mentioned in the question above. She changed for the better and eventually, like in your case, the tables turned and I became a jerk.

A long story short, looking back I don't think that I ever truly forgave her and that was why I did what I did later on.

My advice:
    Take this as a lesson learned and move on. Start fresh with someone new (not right away-take some time and don't "look" for it) and you may find that you will be in a situation that is great!

If you would like to hear more about my story, check out my related Hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/I-Am-So-In-Love-With-My-Wife

I hope that this helps! Good luck!

JSMatthew~

4. Lady MJ profile image82
    Lady MJposted 13 years ago

I honestly can't say that I blame him for wanting to see someone else in those short few months if you were mentally abusing him for the first two years. I can understand that it may have appeared to get better, but maybe he never forgave you for what you did to him.  Therefore; he was searching to fill the void of what we wanted from you and found it somewhere else a little later than expected.

If you are both cheating in just the first 3 years I'd say stop wasting time and find someone that won't provoke you to have so much distrust, anger and vulnerability within your relationship.

In my experience, I have found that you can try really, really hard to mend it, but there will always be moments of "throwing it in each others face" on what happened in the past. You have too much history to start over.

1. profile image53
      LaLalove03posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I truly have to agree... once trust is broken to the point where everything either tries doesn't work, then it's best to just walk away on both ends.

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

Both of you need to forgive each other first no matter what the out come of your relationship become in the future. This is for both of your benefit because life is short and make the most of it for the rest of your life moment by moment in your daily life on the earth. You must communicate with each other honestly if this is what both of you want to do is to get back together with a brand new start and let this relationship begin with new hope, peace, and love in your life together. If you can not do this then please move on with both of your lives with forgiveness and blessings on your life. Love cover a multitude of sins so go on and live your life in love from now on whether yes or no that you get back together. Go in love and peace from this moment on for the rest of your life on the earth.

6. profile image50
    manda27posted 13 years ago

I read your story! it helped, thanks! i think there is just to much damage done to try to start a clean slate. but at the end of the day, we are so in love with eachother that we have hopes in putting our relationship back together but we are both so scared. i did do a lot to him and i feel extremely bad, however when i did those things, it was the wrong reaction to his actions. i am alot younger than him ( 20 yrs) and i was paying all of our bills ect... so i think it began with me missing something he wasnt giving me such as any form of responsibility. granted, he never was mean or cruel or a cheater, just inconsiderate! so it got to the point where i would get drunk and let all of my anger out at him and say very hurtful things! well 2 yrs into the relatiionship that is when he had his girlfriend on the side for the last 4 months of our relationship. this was from Apr-Aug 2010. i just found out! we had a long talk about it and he explained why he did it. he said he never forgave me but being with her made him realize he only wants and loves me. i just dont know what to do.

7. dashingscorpio profile image78
    dashingscorpioposted 13 years ago

It's probably time you both forgave each other and moved on. If you had been each other's "Mr./Ms. Right" you would not have gone through this much drama in such a short amount of time.

There are 6 traits needed to have a happy relationship: Honesty, Trust, Loyalty, Love & Devotion, Intimacy, and Emotional Security. It's very important they appear in the above order.
    Take it from me starting off with intimacy and attempting to work backwards seldom works. http://hubpages.com/hub/therecipeforrel … phappiness

Best of luck!

8. MrMaranatha profile image72
    MrMaranathaposted 12 years ago

Need to have a heart to heart talk about everything... lay all of the cards on the table and talk about it...

If you truly still love each other and you both value the relationship.. and have outgrown the game playing...

Then make plans to get married and do it right...

Probably do you both good to (cough cough) separate for the time you are preparing to marry and have a courtship...  It would certainly add value to your decisions...
    But it would also do something else... It would Prove you...
    It would test your metal... it would test the resolve of both of you...
    I would warn you that most would not endure it...  it would cause most to self destruct.. But if the Love is real... you will come out of it stronger than ever.

9. ReneeDC1979 profile image59
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

Okay manda27 - here goes - you asked so i'm going to give you my honest opinion
    -First, your relationship was built on trust and non-commitment.  You can't be surprised that he did the same things you started out doing.
    -Second, if you take him back you both need to establish what you want in a relationship, and then you both need to decide if you are able to fulfill that for each other
    Third, the relationship was built on lies so you never had a relationship

I can't tell you to forgive or move on, all I have to say is if you don't want to be with each other only then don't.  But, if you do then just be together - And if you cheat -please protect yourself and I don't want to see yall on Maury!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)