jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe in polyamourous relationships? Do you think a person can love mor

1. home witch profile image84
    home witchposted 6 years ago

Do you believe in polyamourous relationships? Do you think a person can love more than one person?

If so, why and if not, why not?

2. h_blunck profile image48
    h_blunckposted 6 years ago

Yes, we certainly can. There is an excellent Danish author that has written a darn good subject on the matter of polyamorous relations. I wish she would have it translated into English so I could have recommended it in reply to this question.

[I might contact her to offer that I could translate it... ;-)]

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

of course a person can love more then one person. i have kids and i love them all, i have a wife and i love her. i have a family and good friends that i love. laws against people marrying more then one person are absurd and an infringement on our freedom.

4. Max_Power profile image59
    Max_Powerposted 6 years ago

I think it is possible, but definitely not for me.
    To be honest I would have a hard enough time keeping up with one woman, without trying to add another one to the mix lol.
    When I am in a relationship I prefer a level of intimacy that I couldn't achieve if I was dividing my attention in this way.
    But hey, each to their own!

5. profile image0
    Jussara Scottonposted 6 years ago

I believe it's possible, but I agree with Max_Power...that doesn't work for me.
    Call me selfish, but when it comes to my husband's love I only share with family and friends, never with another woman! Thank God he thinks like me, he wouldn't accept this kind of situation.
    But some people like, right? Nothing against it, as long as they stay away from my husband. :-)

6. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

I think it is possible and people should be able to live their lives doing whatever they'd like (within legal imits), but it definitely isn't for me.
    I could see people loving multiple people and having healthy relationship that way.

7. micahjoy profile image57
    micahjoyposted 6 years ago

I believe that its possible, but it's not for me, at least not in a romantic sense. 

In general however, I think its absolutely possible to love more than one person. However, I do believe that there will always be different levels of love, and romantically, I think you will always love one person more than another.

I think there is something you take away from a relationship when you love more than one person romantically. You can never really give yourself to that person 100%, or have them do the same for you if they are also having a romantic relationship with other people.

8. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

I don't really care who other people love- as long as they are happy, I'm happy. But personally, I am in love with the idea that there is one person for each of us and we should be totally committed to them. If you throw in an extra person, it just seems like they are together for...fun, I guess. Like I said, its their choice and if they are happy its not a big deal, but for me its kind of weird.

9. sir_tallest profile image64
    sir_tallestposted 6 years ago

well.....i guess a person might just be able to do that
    but the jeliously which is inevitable makes it "A Hell On Earth" experience

10. zduckman profile image61
    zduckmanposted 6 years ago

I believe it is absolutely possible, but I agree with others who have said that I prefer the deep intimacy of being really close with one other person. I have yet to hear an example of a long term poly relationship, and I am from San Francisco. I believe that for this to work you have to be in a space where you do not want deep intimacy and vulnerability. Just my opinion.