jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What can it mean when he says he wants relaxation time for himself?

1. lovelife08 profile image59
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

What can it mean when he says he wants relaxation time for himself?

He works all the time, so he is tired all the time.  He never gets to see his long distance girlfriend.  At the first opportunity he gets to see her, he does not take it, and tells her to stay home, because he is tired and wants some "me" time before his next visit to her house.  He is not jumping up and down to see her like he should be.  What all could this possibly mean?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

There are two possibilities here: #1) It might mean exactly what he says. Men usually don't let their entire lives, hopes, and dreams revolve around a single relationship with a girlfriend. Men's priorities are usually work, sleep, their hobby, and eating and then maybe a relationship--in that order. Girlfriends have little space in that busy schedule.
    #2) This depends on the nature of the relationship and what you mean by "long distance". If he met her on a business trip and he only sees her when he comes to town, then I would bet dollars to donuts that she is the "other woman" and he is cheating on his real girlfriend with her. I wish there were an easier way to say that. But without knowing more, that's what one would assume.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

"He works all the time, so he is tired all the time."?
    Nobody works (all the time) or is (tired all the time)!

In any "long distance" relationship where both people are being sexually loyal to one another it's rare that either person would turn down an opportunity to have a night or weekend of passion together.

My guess is when he says he's "tired" what he really is saying is (he is tired of this relationship). He may be seeing someone else or may just want to be free to see other people if the opportunity presents itself. He may want to have a nice quiet evening at home alone watching sports or hanging out with some of his friends...etc What he means is,(He's tired of the routine.) He doesn't want to feel obligated to have to spend his free time with you.

"Long distance relationships" under the best of circumstances can become too much work trying to stay connected. Depending how far apart you are it may become a hassle to pack a bag and drive for hours or hop on a plane to fly for hours.

Once the "infatution phase" of a new relationship fades people tend to cut back on their efforts to "please" their mates. Instead of automatically saying "Yes" when they were seeking to impress you, they're now letting you know how they "really feel" about your suggestions. It would not surpise me if he will want to have "the talk" soon. (As in breakup) or he may just pull the old "fade away' breakup on you. I recently wrote a hub about that technique. It's when your mate slowly vanishies. Communication is key.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Getting-Over-Th … in-General

4. mathira profile image82
    mathiraposted 6 years ago

Work sometimes saps our energy and makes us tired to do even a small thing. Men are practical by nature and do not think twice in saying what is in their mind. He is tired and so wants rest, what is the big deal about it will be his policy.

working