What does it mean to allow another person to fully love you.....?
To me it means I must love that person fully too. One thing about love is that it is reciprocal. It is a matter of give and take; sow and reap et all. All Holy Books teaches us that we must love ourselves and upon this basis the whole world and creation rest.
You can not allow a person to fully love you as the permission is not yours in the first place. Love is something that we have non control over and it means different things for different people. You can not tell someone "Don;t love me" and expect them just to stop
Being able to receive is a skill that everyone should learn. When someone wants to give to you, just open your arms and receive.
At least 5 ways to allow more love in your life
1. Listen for love ~ Sometimes our ears are tuned for hurt. We can't hear words of encouragement, gratitude, thank you, repentance or LOVE without reflecting on the persons last mistake. Listen for key words: Love, Us, thank you, being with you, stay, want you, need you. Listen for positive words around "us" and "you".
2. Forgive ~ Let go of the old, even yesterday. Always expect the best in a person for as long as you choose to be with them.
3. Live in the moment ~ Enjoy that person's laughter. Soak up their smile. Do not push time or rush through a good time.
4. Recognition ~ Learn that person's love language. Know when that person is saying I love you in ACTION. Know when the person is including you in special moments or important parts of their life, and cherish those events and moments.
5. Practice ~ Give yourself love, so that you know what it feels like to be loved first hand.
To me, it means I open my heart and soul to them and joyfully receive their love, appreciating the tremendous positive impact it has in my life.
In order to allow someone to fully love you it means that you must be your "authentic self".
Most people are too afraid to expose themselves "warts and all" because they believe their mate would not love the "real" them.
Anytime we "hold back" our true feelings about things, our opinions, wishes and desires....etc We are not giving our significant other an opportunity to truly love us for us.
It's a gamble to be yourself and let the chips fall where they may.
However deep down everyone wants to be loved and accepted for who they really are.
Some people also have a problem accepting love and affection because they are afraid of getting use to it and suddenly having it pulled from underneath them. (This is a trust issue)
Others know (they don't feel the same level of emotional attachment as their partner does). This makes it "uneasy" for them to receive deep acts of love when the feelings aren't mutual. They may be with this person for "practical" reasons instead of "romantic" reasons.
by Abimbola Akinbuwa-Onwueme2 months ago
What does "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" mean?
by andycool7 years ago
What would you do if you see your spouse is engaged in sexual activities with another person? Would you forgive him/her?
by Holly7 years ago
I have been told a time or two, You are a difficult to love....Has anyone else been told this by a spouse-parent-friend etc? I have wondered for a considerable amount of time-what makes someone hard to love? Is it a...
by Nique22 months ago
What makes some people think that they have the right to judge another person?Could they have a "god" complex?
by Eric Dierker12 months ago
Can another person decide who is and is not a Christian?I will just leave it at that. I am really interested about views on this. Thank you if you would write a note.
by Haunty7 years ago
My friend says it's old fashioned to get married, but he fails to explain why. I have to admit I'm biased towards getting married when two ppl love each other. I don't understand why they wouldn't. Can you enlighten me...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.