jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is this saying true?

1. cherrycrime26 profile image80
    cherrycrime26posted 6 years ago

Is this saying true?

Women fall in love and get married, Men decide they want to get married and the look for a wife?  I really hope men marry for love, and not because he decided he would get married, or some chick is the logical chose.

2. Joan King profile image72
    Joan Kingposted 6 years ago

Not true in most cases, and visa versa, since women also can decide they want to get married and look for a husband. It is a natural nesting instinct on the part of the woman. I know men who just fall hopelessly in love as well without really looking. It goes both ways.

3. cherrycrime26 profile image80
    cherrycrime26posted 6 years ago

@Joan King, thanks for that input because I believe people should get married for love, not because they decide there ready to be married and then go looking for a wife, if men and women are doing that, then I guess thats the reason for the high divorce rates.

4. kevin.howell profile image61
    kevin.howellposted 6 years ago

I got married because I fell in love, but I was ready to settle down.  I think it is both.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I highly doubt that saying is true.
    Men and women get married for various reasons. (love, money/financial security, tired of being single, pregnancy, ultimatum, improve image, hide their true sexuality, get a green card or some other benefit...etc)

I've never known of any man who actually said, "I'm looking for a wife". It's not that difficult for men to find women that want to get married!

More often than not a man is (already) dating or living with the woman he eventually marries.
    It's more about him coming to the (realization or discovering) everything he wants in a wife he already has with her.

6. nursingmania profile image57
    nursingmaniaposted 6 years ago

Men do get married because they have to and that they are pressured to.

working