jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Is it good to be proud?

1. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 6 years ago

Is it good to be proud?

some people think that pride is a way of life so they will flaunt whatever they have any way they can whether they hurt people or not.

2. manthy profile image75
    manthyposted 6 years ago

I think so as long as you don't do it in an extreme manner.
    Pride is one of the 7  sins

3. daskittlez69 profile image75
    daskittlez69posted 6 years ago

Pride is sometimes viewed as  a vice and sometimes as a virtue.  It is one of the 7 deadly sins.  I think it is one thing to be proud of something that you have accomplished by working hard.  And another to just walk around boasting about it.

4. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

There is nothing wrong in being proud of your achievements but you also need a bit of humility and empathy with others. To throw your achievements in people's faces and gloat is shallow and egotistical - for these people their achievements can very quickly back-fire on them.

5. ultracutebot profile image79
    ultracutebotposted 6 years ago

i agree with manthy, daskittlez69  & Seeker7 : pride is ok but remember that moderation is key. overdoing anything generally isn't a great idea and being too proud, cocky or boastful is certainly no exception.

6. profile image50
    byjuanposted 6 years ago

Being proud is okey, as long you always put your feet on the ground and still be humble.

7. nabeelplus profile image59
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

No i dont think being proud is good, rather being down to earth is liked by most people and they respect you for that

8. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

Yes you definitely need pride, if you aren't proud of who you are then you'll never appreciate your life

9. funmontrealgirl profile image63
    funmontrealgirlposted 6 years ago

There is a difference between showing pride and  boasting just as someone who has style may not have class.

Be proud of who you are if you are good person. Be proud of your roots. Be proud of your accomplishments.

But don't put others down.

10. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

The good but will tell you that pride goeth before a fall. It also says that he that humbleth himself that be exalted and he that exalteth himself shalt be abased.

Being proud of something you did or child's achievement is acceptable so long as you don't make others around you feel "less than". But being proud just to boost your ego, show off your new car or to make others think that you are better than they are is extremely wrong.  Not good at all

11. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image37
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 6 years ago

50/50 equally balanced. when you start to list out both sides of "pride", it is equally balanced with both positive and negative sides to it. in the end, everything serves regardless.

12. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

God teaches that "Pride" is wrong. It is OK to take pride in your achievements but to be boastful and arrogant about your achievements is wrong. Humility is the key. Let others praise you and your achievements.

13. jacqui2011 profile image85
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I think that it is good to be proud of what you have achieved. You can be proud without flaunting it.

working