jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you ever met someone that you met online?

1. chatmais profile image36
    chatmaisposted 6 years ago

Have you ever met someone that you met online?

2. tamarindcandy profile image59
    tamarindcandyposted 6 years ago

Met yes, gotten into a relationship: no thank you, I'm afraid.

3. Dreamers Pen profile image57
    Dreamers Penposted 6 years ago

Yes, most of my friends are from meeting online on bbs/forums and met them in person.  All of them I met with my best friend at a public place for safety.  My fiance I actually meet through a dating website.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Yes! I have had some long-term relationships with women I've met online. (7 years) in one instance. When you get right down to it, "It's not about (where) you meet but (who) you meet!" It's kind of arrogant for some people to believe they are the only "worthwhile people" online.

The people that are online are the same ones in the nightclubs. attending sporting events, shopping at the mall, working and paying bills..etc Just as there are bad apples in all those locations you'll find the same kind online as well. There were liars and cheaters long before the internet was invented. No matter how you meet ultimately you want to take your time to get to know a person before becoming emotionally invested.

5. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Yes, quite a few, and some have been great friends for years. I've only married one wink. We have a daughter together now, and he's the best daddy my son could ask for. Never have tried the online dating sites -- I found him while playing poker on Myspace.

6. Extinct Soul profile image58
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

Yes..we've been online friends for 3yrs before we decided to meet...and it was fun. We've got a lot of things in common, and we're still friends\(wink wink) until now.

7. R.S. Hutchinson profile image81
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago

Many! I am meeting someone tonight! (not a date, business).

8. Neko-chan profile image73
    Neko-chanposted 6 years ago

Yes. I married my husband after four years of chatting online and a month long visit.

It worked for us, but it doesn't work for everyone.