jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What area in your relationship or marriage would you like to see improve?

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

What area in your relationship or marriage would you like to see improve?

They say there is no such thing as a “perfect marriage or relationship”.
    What would you change about yours? 
    (examples) Better communication/understanding,  more time together, less time together, more romance/sexual intimacy or better quality, shared responsibilities  (household and financially…etc) What’s keeping things from changing? Do you still push for change or have you accepted things as they are?

2. SylviaSky profile image95
    SylviaSkyposted 6 years ago

He works so hard at so many different things, drinks coffee to keep going from dawn to midnight, and because he has a big heart he is always taking on responsibilities he doesn't have to, and of course he is exhausted. I won't nag him about what that might do to his health (he is 61). He believes in doing things the old-fashioned (difficult) way, so I have suggested he take a sabbath day once a week as did the people of old times.

3. Phil The Gain profile image63
    Phil The Gainposted 6 years ago

I would have to say communication when we are going through a rough patch.

4. profile image0
    Check021posted 6 years ago

I would like , my girlfriend that is 18 - i am 21 to improve she's behaving when we are alone in four walls.
    I mean , it's about time for her to relax and just enjoy in love because i relally do love her,but she thinks it is too early for her... ??? -x-

5. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

For my husband and I it'd probably be doing more stuff together. We tend to spend our weekends on our separate computers. We colloborate on what we want for dinner, talk a little, but we're not really big "let's go out and do something" people. Especially now that I'm pregnant and have a bladder the size of a teaspoon. Whenever we go anywhere we have to make sure it has a bathroom and it's just a lot of work. So we've stayed home now more than ever. It's not a bad thing, per se, we both would just like to spend more time outside the house together doing something we both enjoy.

6. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

I would def. like to do more together.  We ve been pretty broke lately so we spend a lot of time sitting at the house.

7. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Division of work, I think there is always one partner who is truly the bread winner and the other who kind of gets pulled along for the ride

8. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Dating, as in going out. My fiance and I never do much of that and it get's to me being in the house all the time. We are kinda struggling financially so I don't complain but when things pick I would like us to do more outdoorsy stuff together.

9. dipsmi profile image73
    dipsmiposted 6 years ago

my laziness..i still am not responsible..i do not take ownership of the things which i am suppose to do...

10. mythicalstorm273 profile image77
    mythicalstorm273posted 6 years ago

It sounds superficial, but the only thing that could improve my amazing relationship is money.  My boyfriend and I are not exactly the outgoing, go get her type of people and because of that we are both stuck at jobs that we do not care for hoping to get to our career eventually.  If we could be a little bit more demanding about what we want we would both be in the careers of our dreams right now and money would be no problem.  (Just some background: we have both been working towards our careers for about 6 years now and are getting closer but should have been there by now)

11. mikielikie profile image67
    mikielikieposted 6 years ago

I'd change the fact that I tell everybody about my relationship with my wife and what goes on between us that should stay between us.

12. JherusiaLhean profile image58
    JherusiaLheanposted 6 years ago

For me a relationship is a matter of being open to each other no matter how busy the both of you. If you really love your partner you will seek a way to spend time together. The more one avoids to settle a small jitter the more likely it would end to a huge argument.

13. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Not in a relationship at the moment, unfortunately, but I have been in the past and every problem seemed to stem from lack of communication. Most of the time anyway.