jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What makes a marriage work, how does a couple stay committed opposed to going to

1. satice_j profile image77
    satice_jposted 6 years ago

What makes a marriage work, how does a couple stay committed opposed to going to divorce court?

I am doing a hub on Mexico's proposed law to allow marriages to end or go on every two years. Please submit a comment. Please know I will not reveal your name in the hub, just your thoughts. Thank You!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5593907_f260.jpg

2. Allen Williams profile image82
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

Marriage 50-50

A marriage will last forever, If you work at it all the time. 
    There will be good days, and bad days, and some in between days. 
    There will be exciting times, and happy times, and sometimes sad times.
    When misunderstandings arise, and tears fill your eyes,
    you need to talk about it, instead of holding it inside. 
    Remember the love that brought you together,
    for this is the power that will keep you together forever.
    Wake up in the morning with a smile, a kiss, and a hug.
    Start the day off right by expressing your love.
    A marriage of 50-50 will not stay together;
    each partner must give 100% for it to last forever.
    It's those little things that mean so much,
    such as a kind word, a smile, or a soft touch.
    Love has no price tag.  It can't be bought or sold;
    however it is the most valuable thing you will share as you grow old.
    Cherish the love you have, and it will get stronger day by day.
    Reconcile your differences before you go to bed at night,
    so tomorrow you can start a new day with everything being all right.
    Sometimes you need to compromise a little each day,
    for this is not a contest of who is right or wrong;
    it is a marriage, and it is here to stay.

3. asmaiftikhar profile image77
    asmaiftikharposted 6 years ago

good question dear i believe that no relation can exist without compromises so husband and wife relation can be strong relation if they compromise with each other,tolerate each other and find the positive things in each other and above all never try to find a perfect person because that leads them to loneliness.In this world no man is without faults.

4. Globetrekkermel profile image76
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

First of all,Marriage, cohabitation,  partnership ( whatever you call it, the principle is still the same) as long as two parties are involved living in close quarters, there will always problems.That's a given.There are so many factors to consider what makes a marriage work and it is not all rosy all the time. If you are open to all the trials and tribulations that comes with a marriage or cohabitation or partnership( to me these are all the same) you are way ahead of the game.But if you come with pre- conditioned expectations and is not willing to adapt to the relationship, chances are the marriage is doomed.My personal experience ( and I don't claim to be an expert at all) is to  let  your partner ,husband , wife , be what they are.Do not change them because you will not be able to.Let them be what they want to be and do not impose what you want them to be.
    Hard as it is sometimes but try to be on their side  even at the height of a passionate argument. And most imortantly,NEVER EVER HOLD ANY GRUDGES BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP. LOL! I will never sacrifice a good sleep over a stupid argument .My beauty sleep is important ! LOL!
    I always make it a point to be the first one to say I am sorry and if I am not able to say I am sorry because I am still upset, i try to show it in other ways, lke even sending an email or texting  cooking his favorite meal when he comes home ,  calling him at work or anything to get my message across.

working