jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What's good about been friends with the opposite sex?

1. Andme26 profile image76
    Andme26posted 6 years ago

What's good about been friends with the opposite sex?

Why would you want to be best friend with the opposite sex? if your a girl why would you want male as best friend ? and if your a guy why would you want a girl as best friend ? for those who believe and have in opposite sex friendships -----------------------------------------------------------------
    not related

2. LoveJewel profile image61
    LoveJewelposted 6 years ago

With this the oppurtunity to observe and analyze the opposite sex is avaliable . you can comfortably ask questions that you could not asking someone you are dating. There can be a bond gained in this friendship that is simply platonic. There can be a protection comfort when love is absent. plenty of advantages come to mind when having a friendship with the opposite sex.

3. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

I think in the past I have had more female friends and the ones who were male were a little more emotion intelligent. A lot of males I grew up around were totally driven by testoterone and were nasty, obnoxious, incredibly macho to the point of rediculousness and really if you weren't one of the beer swilling, gun shooting, game watching boys they just took a dislike to you. Then you would be ostracized completely. Some took it to extremes and just really hate you just because you weren't part of their crowd. It was stupid and maybe that was just the hick in them but it made me gravitate toward more cerebral and understanding friends and I think it made me a better person. Not to toot me own horn smile

4. kripkrip420 profile image61
    kripkrip420posted 6 years ago

You get practice and potential! What I mean by this is, say you have a friend or friends that are girls. Number one, you get to understand the female species a lot better. Number two, you may actually meet someone you really like and become more than friends!

5. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Depending on individuals. Some feel more comfortable with the opposite sex while others differ.

Having good friendship with someone will depend as whether you are compatible. In terms of Feng Shui, it is the Bazi between two persons will determine if they are compatible and will have a good friendship.

6. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I've always been grateful that I had a brother--being friends with the opposite sex shows you another side to life, and to yourself.  Guys see things differently than we do, and often (to me anyway) seem to have more interesting hobbies.

7. JenJen0703 profile image82
    JenJen0703posted 6 years ago

I have several male friends, and the best part about being friends with them is I have no problem receiving mechanical assistance on my vehicles when I need it.  No, really, guys are laid back and low drama.  They are also low maintenance and easy to be around.  I do not have as many female friends as I do male friends.

8. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

Fun fact, if your best friend is a girl and you guys are really good friend and she is also super hot!!!  Maybe, you will become more then just friend.  Of course if she is ugly, then you guys will proberly just remain as best friend. 

Oh, I always use to think girls make great wing man, when it comes to picking up girls...well...personal experience...my cousin is a girl and she is the WORST WINGWOMAN EVER!!!

9. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

I love being friends with a guy. I think guys say the cutest and funniest things. They have different perspectives than girls.

working