Do you think joint custody is a good arrangement when the ex spouses don't get a

1. cheatlierepeat profile image84
    cheatlierepeatposted 6 years ago

Do you think joint custody is a good arrangement when the ex spouses don't get along?

If spouses constantly argue or have little to no communication, can joint custody still work? Is it fair to have children being the messenger for their parents? I do believe that children need both of their parents to be an active part of their lives but wonder about the damage when one or both ex spouses (parents) won't participate respectfully in a joint custody arrangement. Thoughts?

2. fancifulashley profile image76
    fancifulashleyposted 6 years ago

Well I think that what is best for the children is necessary. Even if the parents do not get along the children still need both parents. If one of the parents will not respectfully participate then they should lose that privilege or there should be some agreement to exchange children with a 3rd party.

Children should never be messengers and shame on the parents for making them out to be that.

3. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

I would definitly say yes, it is a good idea and if she start dating a wife beater or a drug addict, you should apply for full custody, unless she break up with that looser

working