jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe that love is meant to be hard?

1. kingphilipIV profile image59
    kingphilipIVposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that love is meant to be hard?

2. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 6 years ago

This is a case to case situation but I believe love in a give and take situation which a lot of people find hard to do.

3. ajuvr profile image69
    ajuvrposted 6 years ago

substitute 'love' with 'affection' means 'hard' indeed

4. Nefarious_Misery profile image68
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

When it's the right person, it's easy.

5. juiwei2000 profile image62
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

If it is hard, then it is not worth it, time to break up

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

No. We oftentimes make it harder than it has to be by relying too much on "chemistry" and making impulsive decisions when it comes to selecting a mate to open up our heart to. In fact a lot of people list all the traits they're looking for in a person and then end up with someone who has almost none of them! Opposites may attract in the short run but it's like that attracts like in the long run. It takes more time to get to know someone than most people are willing to invest these days.
    Don't get me wrong every relationship will have it's challenges from time to time but if you are with the right person the so called "work" becomes "a labor of love".  The difference between the two is (work) is something you don't want to do and (a labor of love) is something you find joy in the process of doing while looking forward to the end result. I suspect there are many people who stay in bad relationships far too long because they've been taught to expect that love is "hard", "difficult", or requires a LOT of work. Note: If it requires a "Lot of work" then you're probably with the wrong person.

7. Mekenzie profile image82
    Mekenzieposted 6 years ago

True love takes a lot of work.  Our society is very 'me' centered and there are few who know the secret to a lasting relationship.  It takes commitment, kindness, patience and more to have a strong marriage.  In order to find the right person you must first be the right person.  I just finished a hub called Love is patient and kind which goes into greater detail.  Though I believe a good marriage takes hard work - I also believe that it is well worth it.

8. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Absolutely not...if love is that difficult something's wrong in the relationship.

9. MazioCreate profile image73
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

No! I believe love is meant to be unconditional.  Sometimes your experiences when you love someone are hard, but when loving unconditionally you can always find a way to work through these times and build on your love.

10. engelfantasydream profile image58
    engelfantasydreamposted 6 years ago

love is never meant to be hard, its just us people who make relationships hard and complicated..LOVE is beautiful and always lovely..i think you mean relationship are hard ..cos we give LOVE a bad name the song said due to how we handle our relationship involving "LOVE"