jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Would a male purchase feminine hygiene products and a woman ask him?

1. Winter Maclen profile image72
    Winter Maclenposted 6 years ago

Would a male purchase feminine hygiene products and a woman ask him?

I was rushing through a drug store tonight to pick up a perscription and almost tripped over a man crouched over a low display of feminine hygiene products.  He seemed embarassed.  As a woman, would you ask your mate to shop for these items; and if you are a man, would you do it. And at what point in your relationship does this become ok?

2. Shawn Scarborough profile image82
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 6 years ago

I have bought them countless times for my wife, but not before we were married.  At first it was embarrassing, but after I while I got used to it.

3. Moms-Secret profile image84
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

My husband would go get me anything I needed whether I asked him to or not.  He took amazing care of me.  I learned that I don't take as good care of myself with out my angel here.

He has inspired me to do it in his absence.  I mean the least I can do as his widow is to love the things he poured his love into. 

I would not ask him to buy the pads unless it was an emergency, but knowing that he would do it in a heart beat with out being embarrassed was just another way that his amazing love spoke to me.  He did have the midol ready all the time for the bad achey days.

4. jjackson786 profile image93
    jjackson786posted 6 years ago

My boyfriend of two years buys them for me whenever I ask. He was really embarrassed about having to do it at first, but now we just think it's funny.

5. Bretsuki profile image78
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

I have purchased these items for my wife. I never had any problem with embarasment.

I used to own my own convenience store, and so was comfortable selling such items everyday. Sometimes to nervous men, who seemed to prefer me to sell them feminine hygene items and also to women with very little embarasment on either side.

6. Chasing Riley profile image84
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

My husband buys them for me if I ask. He doesn't really seem to mind.

7. Winter Maclen profile image72
    Winter Maclenposted 6 years ago

Ironically, my husband has no problem with purchasing things for me, but when it comes to our teenage daughter, he kinda freezes up. Maybe he just doesn't want to admit they are growing up.
    Moms-Secret, it sounds like an amazing marriage and were truly blessed.

8. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

My husband would do this for me.

I would not , and have never,  in 30 years, put him in the position of needing to do it.

If you know that you need a morning cup of coffee, do not run out of coffee.

If you know that you smoke, do not run out of cigarettes.

If you know you poop, do not be without toilet paper.

If your vehicle runs on gas or diesel, do not ever run your engine without fuel.

If you are a menustrating woman, do not be without your choice of protection.  It is a stock and staple item.

Woman, take care of your household and you!

9. nemanjaboskov profile image73
    nemanjaboskovposted 6 years ago

I completely agree with Shawn... I have done it a lot of times for my girlfriend, too, and it is now not a big deal at all. You just have to live through the first few times smile

working