jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What did you learn from the "one that got away"?

1. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

What did you learn from the "one that got away"?

2. passion4pen profile image59
    passion4penposted 6 years ago

freedom is easy to attain, difficult to maintain

3. Nurfninja profile image56
    Nurfninjaposted 6 years ago

people don't have to be 100% compatible to get along together in a relationship

4. K Kiss profile image83
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

to express my feelings when I feel them rather then keeping them bottled up. It makes one hell of a difference. And it makes me happy too big_smile

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Are you talking about a fish, a deer, or a woman?

6. Ask KayB profile image59
    Ask KayBposted 6 years ago

Time waits for no one..I have learned that when you have someone that loves you dearly, from the bottom og=f their heart. Someone that takes care of. provides for you and your family, lets you drop him off at work so you can keep HIS car all day, pays your bills even when he had his own apartment and doesnt even live with you, shower you with expensive gifts, purses, shoes, clothes and jewelry and still gives you an allowance every week, respects you and just will do any and everything to keep you happy. Never take that person for granted. One day you will look up and he will no longer be there anymore just because you was not ready to be loved unconditionally!!!

7. profile image0
    loanyiposted 6 years ago

That it was better tha way. We all gotta learn how to lose.

8. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

You don't get everything you want! It wasn't meant to be.

9. Zachary Jonah profile image67
    Zachary Jonahposted 6 years ago

a) That you shouldn't always be too ready to compromise
    b) That if for some reason you are not together it is probably a very good reason
    c) That love is always worth fighting for smile

10. juiwei2000 profile image61
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

When it come to the one that gone away, I have quiet a few and the turth is that, I never regreated it.  Because I believe I did the right thing.  When it come to relationship I got a few motto:

1.  Remeber this girl no matter how much you like her or want her, having her is not a necessity, it is a luxary.  So, don't go around pulling those romeo and julia crap, it is stupid.

2.  Remeber what you once have, but learn when you need to let it go

3.  Always remeber, will you feel sadden by them leaving, if the two of you never met, sometime that is what you need to do, pretend you never met.

I had let go of a lot of girls that can be consider as true love and I never regreated any of them, because in my opinion, I did the right thing, by letting them go.  It suck, but if I am to do it again, I'll do the exact same thing, all over again.

11. L-Crist profile image74
    L-Cristposted 6 years ago

Grab the "brass ring" when you have the chance and have no regrets.  I learned what it was like to have a truly mutual, genuine love.  The difference of loving and being IN love.  How strong you can feel when someone is in your corner.  What it feels like to give your heart freely and completely.  What real passion is.  What it's like to feel truly beautiful...and what it feels like when your soul turns to dust.