jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Does love truly exist or is it just a word? What do you think.

1. CloudExplorer profile image79
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

Does love truly exist or is it just a word?  What do you think.

If you believe in love briefly describe what it means to you.

2. Hound Cat profile image59
    Hound Catposted 6 years ago

Love is not an everlasting thing.  I feel it exists, but only on a moment by moment basis.  Then there is unconditional love which is even more hard to come by, so sometimes it is difficult to know if it exists.

3. MsDora profile image96
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

Love is real.  No definition or description is accurate. You have to experience it.  My hub Got Love? might help explain what I mean.

4. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 6 years ago

I believe that love is a stronger version of like. Love is an emotion that is filled with desire.

5. Capric222 profile image83
    Capric222posted 6 years ago

Well, there are so many different kinds of love.  There's Storge (affection), Philia (friendship), Agape (Unconditional love), Eros (romance).  So, yes, I think love does exist, but just like anything else in life it's not black and white.  It's so complicated and there are so many different types of love. 

To me, love is knowing that you would do anything for that person.  And that you will love them no matter what mistakes they make.  Love is loving someone for who they truly are, not trying to change them.  Love definately exists, but some people are just better at loving than others.

6. Marlena Oechsner profile image60
    Marlena Oechsnerposted 6 years ago

I agree with several other mentions that love is something you have to feel in order to describe, and even then, it is pretty tricky to describe. Love is also different to every person and how they mention it. Some people really love their possessions more than people they know and some people love everyone they meet and use it as casually as the word "hello." Only you know what love feels like, but when you feel it, you know it.

7. ikechiawazie profile image60
    ikechiawazieposted 6 years ago

Love does exist and its not just a word. Love is not easily explained but it is a state of being where you find yourself filled with joy, peace, hope and care which you pass on to others.

8. profile image0
    bigmoneyonlineposted 6 years ago

Love exist that is why there is a word for it in every language in the world. I am already 16 years married to my partner who was my only steady for 12 years before we got married. Until now I am still very much in love...and we have two kids...

9. kess profile image62
    kessposted 6 years ago

Love exist...hmmm...?
    Love is EXISTENCE

Love forms the bond for all other things to exist..for it the uniting of two into the one.

...this ONE is the ALL.

10. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

love exists, without a doubt. As many others have said, it's terribly hard to explain but it's something that I feel with all my heart and soul...it's joyous, peaceful and comforting and the very best feeling in the world.

11. litsabd profile image74
    litsabdposted 6 years ago

My love for my children and every mom's love is true. From that aspect, yes,I believe in true uncondional love. As far as finding true love in another persons feelings I think it is also achivable if we put aside egoes and ego centric behaviours, live simply, neatly and with balance within. Having love inside us to give, means that we are able to be loved as well.

12. profile image0
    AntonOfTheNorthposted 6 years ago

Love is the lens through which we determine truth

"Love is not love that alters when it alteration finds " W. Shakespeare.

Love is joy in giving without measuring the cost

Love is what we feel when we understand fully

Love is not easy.  Love "bears it out even to the edge of doom"  (more Shakespeare)

It is only the most important thing in the world.

13. Aspects of Life profile image59
    Aspects of Lifeposted 6 years ago

I have complete love for my child that is like no other feeling I have for any other person I know, including members of my family. I feel that I have no choice about loving him, I just do. It feels like he is a part of me, like a leg or arm, something that makes me, me. He affects the person I am, how I think and how I behave. However, I didn't feel that way for about 9 months after giving birth. At that point I had no emotional connection to him whatsoever.

I think that true love is an active choice that we make to be loving towards another person. There may be an emotional feeling attached but it is not necessary. It is easy to love someone who is loving towards you, but harder to do if they are treating you in a way you do not appreciate. There are people who are able to still behave in a loving manner towards people in the most difficult of circumstance, so I believe that love is more than just a word, it is a very important condition for human life.