jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If a man cheated on you in the past, could things get better?

1. Kirsty89 profile image59
    Kirsty89posted 6 years ago

If a man cheated on you in the past, could things get better?

Once a cheater, I don't believe it will always be that way! People make mistakes..

2. sholland10 profile image93
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

There will be trust issues and insecurity issues.  Yes, you can get past it by forgiving, but you will never forget.  It is going to be a long road, and you have to think about the other factors surrounding the situation.  Has he lied or cheated before?  Is there a pattern?  Are children involved?  Will you trust him when he walks out the door alone?  Not knowing the whole situation, this is a hard question.  Some will say, "Once a cheater, always a cheater," which may be true.  You need to lay down some hard rules as to what you expect.  If you can't do that and he isn't willing to work and help you feel secure again, it probably will not work.

3. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

It depends on people and depends on circumstances, but my advice to you is, don't count on it.

4. profile image0
    ChuckGposted 6 years ago

People do make mistakes, but we grow into a pattern of how we choose to live our lives. How we conduct ourselves everyday or what we desire for ourselves, good or bad. No one can say with an absolute he will not cheat again or that he will stay faithful. Question you have to ask yourself, "Do you want to spend a life with someone you may not trust completely?" Trust issues run deep and they scar. Only you can answer that question.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Yes, it could..............

If he was truly remorseful, and realized the pain that his indiscretion caused.

People.........all people, have a weakness.   If the man ( or woman) will face this weakness, things can get better.

People CAN make a mistake,..................but not 2 mistakes in this area.

There , is  only one, second chance.

Beyond that, there is a pattern.

6. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

I think sooner or much later, history will repeat.  It's a personal choice, but I could not bring myself to stay with someone who cheated on me.  For me it's a deal breaker, and I wouldn't bother pondering about whether they would do it again or not, I'd leave the relationship and let someone else worry about that...