jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How would you explain 'true love'?

1. JosieLee profile image77
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

How would you explain 'true love'?

2. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 6 years ago

It is unconditional and no string attach except that attitude is a criteria.

3. mathira profile image85
    mathiraposted 6 years ago

True love does not have selfishness and you do not think about yourself. You put the person you love above everything.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I believe everyone has their own definition or criteria for what "true love" is to them. Only the individual knows what he or she needs in order to feel loved in a relationship.
    In my opinion true love is when someone cares as much about you as you care about yourself and vice versa. As a couple they support each other's goals and want what is best for their mate as well as what is best for their relationship.
    True love is finding someone who not only "gets you" but they love and accept you warts and all. In fact the best relationships are between people who want the same things and are striving for the same goals for the relationship. In essence the couple is a team. There is less talk about "you" and "me" and more talk about "us" and "we". Opposites may attract in the short run but (like attracts like) in the long run. True love is when both people mutually feel the same level of love and respect for one another. - One man's opinion! :-)

5. catchpennyfashion profile image60
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

True love is when each partner puts the other's needs before their own. They think about what is good for them as a couple, and not what is good for each of them individually. Although you have to think about yourself as well, true love means not doing so in a selfish way in which you might hurt your partner. It's about making decisions together and wanting to be with that person. It's not being able to imagine a world where they don't exist and wanting to make them happy.

working