jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Have you ever turned down a romantic love interest's proposal to "just be friend

1. L. Spikes profile image90
    L. Spikesposted 6 years ago

Have you ever turned down a romantic love interest's proposal to "just be friends"?

Most of the people that I've seen just go along with the idea of being in the "friend zone" when this happens. Has anyone ever just flat-out rejected the idea and moved on?

2. IN2Deep profile image73
    IN2Deepposted 6 years ago

Yes--Sometimes you just have to--just to remain friends.

3. creativebutterfly profile image59
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

Yes sometimes the romance is not there but the friendship is....

4. Krysanthe profile image94
    Krysantheposted 6 years ago

Of course I have.  Sometimes the feelings run to deep to be able to realistically have a friendship.  I'd rather move on and have my memories of the relationship, than attempt to have a friendship that really isn't a friendship.

5. profile image50
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

I have, and I strongly agree with creativebutterfly. I've stayed friends for many years with some of the guys I've had this experience with. If you're interested enough to want to get romantic, it probalby means you like that person and want to stay part of their life.

6. KewlWriter profile image73
    KewlWriterposted 6 years ago

Ugghh, many times, it's not that I am picky but just din't want to lower my standards. And the friends thing only works I guess if you were friends to begin with but I do believe no relationship b/w opposite sexes without blood relations can be platonic. Heck I've even know cousins who got married.

7. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Well many (many) guys have put me in the "friends zone" so it feels a little off balance at times. I am always up for being open to the universe, however.

8. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

No, and in both cases, it was a huge mistake. Couldn't handle it, wasted a lot of time, then took a long time getting over each of them. I think it's best to distance ourselves from the source of our unrequited love, until we've gotten over that person somewhat. It might then be easier to focus on a real friendship.

9. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

Girls usually find themselves in the friend zone with guys, because he is simply not sexually attracted to her,  Guys on the other hand ended in the friend zone with girl because...you better ask a girl about that smile

working