jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

When you have a fight with your partner, who takes the initiative for a patch up

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

When you have a fight with your partner, who takes the initiative for a patch up?

2. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 6 years ago

Stepping back from a disagreement is the best approach. To keep a disagreement going while tempers are flying leads to many things being said that should not have. Regardless of who takes the initiative, never go to bed mad.

3. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

Almost always my husband; but he is wrong more often than I am :-p

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

We rarely fight or even argue but I am the one who wants to talk things to death and I think he apologizes just to shut me up!  LOL

5. ContentThreads profile image58
    ContentThreadsposted 6 years ago

I do that because whenever my partner gets angry he starts doing things himself. He will cook, make tea, get his clothes. I cannot let him do all this, so I have to initiate the patch up even if I am not wrong sad

6. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I'm actually in a fight with my boyfriend right now. Typically, it's me. Yes, it's sad. But I'm normally the one who said the harmful words that started the fight because of his reaction to the words. So, I take it upon myself to bring gifts, such as dinner, in an attempt to be forgiven.

7. xethonxq profile image63
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Almost always I take the initiative if I'm in the wrong. If I'm not, usually I do the petulant child silent treatment thing until she can't stand it anymore and says to me, "so are we going to talk about this or what?"