jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What can you you do if your friends on drugs?

1. biancaalice profile image60
    biancaaliceposted 6 years ago

What can you you do if your friends on drugs?

2. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 6 years ago

It depends on the drugs.  You can express your concern, and if you think the person is in serious trouble, I would contact the authorities (not the police, but a drug rehabilitation clinic) for more specialized advice.

3. LoriSoard profile image73
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

It depends on the age of the friend and who else is in that person's life. If a teenager, you need to tell his/her parents. You probably will lose a friend by doing this, but you will be a true friend to that person and they may get the help they need.

4. ALUR profile image66
    ALURposted 6 years ago

There is little you can say or do. Being there but NOT supporting their habit or when they're intoxicated is my approach. Silence is condolence and drugs in particular are a dangerous/expensive habit.
    Geting to the core of why they choose this as an "escape" may help you approach them.

5. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

Anything you can, to save your friend.  People on drugs are not rational, so turn your friend over to professional help even if your friend kicks and screams.  Continue being a friend unless it means jeopardizing your life or your interest.

6. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

You might have to make some hard choices for yourself and your friendship.  I'd sit down with them and let them know how much I loved them but drugs are the one thing I can't mix with.  It's horrible and heart breaking.

working